McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for the help.. this just keeps getting better. both saws have spark,good compression and no scoring of the cylinder ..Just pulled the muffler off and took a little look see. Now were can i find the specs for the 795 i found them for the 1-80?I'm seeing 87cc for the 1-80 and i think 103cc for the 795.?

You are correct, The 795 is 103cc's
But the 63629 can also be the 895 geardrive,
Also at 103cc's.

If it's the geardrive, I will raise everyones offer.:msp_tongue:

Lee

Be careful with these saws! Use all the protective gear, these saws will cut anything that gets in their way and will jump out of the cut if they get pinched. Be safe & enjoy!

John

Good Junk..?

Well the 797 is direct drive and the 1-80 is gear ...795 has 24"bar&chain,while the 1-80 has a 32" bar and like new chain..I'm missing the air box cover for the795...But here is the best news of all ..Both run.. I just dumped some mix in and they both started with a little help from gas in before the plug.. didn't run either for very long but after a few kills they ran and held an idle. Lot of smoke but that may be because both look like someone dumped oil straight in the cylinder.Hope i will have some time tomorrow to take a closer look at them but so far so good.I will take some pics tomorrow.Before i do any cleaning of them.:msp_thumbsup:

i would asume that i could put a plunger style choke or primer on this carb am i right in thinking this?
Also i have search ebay and have not found any choke parts similar does anyone have the parts number for this set up?

137 - The choke button/plunger should be PN 57124 or 50148, the spring is PN 50147. In addition there should be a screw to make a knob/latch to lock the choke closed, except your air box does not have the notch for the latch to engage since it didn't have that style choke to begin with.

Go back and look at Randy'd photo for a better idea of what is needed.

Mark

137 - The choke button/plunger should be PN 57124 or 50148, the spring is PN 50147. In addition there should be a screw to make a knob/latch to lock the choke closed, except your air box does not have the notch for the latch to engage since it didn't have that style choke to begin with.

Go back and look at Randy'd photo for a better idea of what is needed.

Mark

Thanks for the info ill see if i can find the choke plunger and spring.

Here's the photo posted in another thread, look at the set up on the left hand saw. In addition to the choke plunger and spring, you will need the different oiler rod as well.

173815d1298696501-cimg0591-jpg

Mark

Some guys have all the luck!

Well the 797 is direct drive and the 1-80 is gear ...795 has 24"bar&chain,while the 1-80 has a 32" bar and like new chain..I'm missing the air box cover for the795...But here is the best news of all ..Both run.. I just dumped some mix in and they both started with a little help from gas in before the plug.. didn't run either for very long but after a few kills they ran and held an idle. Lot of smoke but that may be because both look like someone dumped oil straight in the cylinder.Hope i will have some time tomorrow to take a closer look at them but so far so good.I will take some pics tomorrow.Before i do any cleaning of them.:msp_thumbsup:

Per AS protocol: Pictures must be posted, or it didn't happen:monkey:

You are making a lot of us :msp_drool:

Here's the photo posted in another thread, look at the set up on the left hand saw. In addition to the choke plunger and spring, you will need the different oiler rod as well.

173815d1298696501-cimg0591-jpg

Mark

those are great pics exactly what i thought was supposed to be there mine still has the original oiler rod. i think your right about someone switching it out at some point. ill try to manually choke it to get it running after i fix the starter assembly and see what happens ill have to try to find those choke parts as well for just ease of use. thanks for the help.

Got MY ipl Thanks

Do you have a IPL? If you do google McCulloch and the part number. The part numbers for many of the 82CC variations are "A" cylinder - 92518, "B" or unmarked cylinder - 92519, and "C" cylinder - 92520. These are out there and come up on eBay from time to time. I don't know that a 805 is the same but it probably is. (Be careful with the PM8200 as it has a different part number than the 80, 81, 850, 800 and DE 80 and has a three piece crank so it might be different.) You can expect to pay $60 to $80 for piston and rings. Ron

Last edited:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/axq_8I9oN7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

28" bar, although only 25" is left thanks to the spike. New 3/8 .058 Carlton round chisel full comp.

Back