McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cheated, it was already warm from tuning it :jester:. Actually, even dead cold it'll go by the fifth pull. Later in the day it quit running. I think that check valve in the high side is still sticking. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

I cheated, it was already warm from tuning it :jester:. Actually, even dead cold it'll go by the fifth pull. Later in the day it quit running. I think that check valve in the high side is still sticking. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

I must have something wrong with mine..I pulled on it the other day until I was starting to feel ill and all I got was about three or four pops. I put a new plug in it then proceeded to flood it out also. I'm letting everything dry out and may go out and try it again later. I used to have another one of them that did the same thing. I've really not done anything to the saw because I doubt if I'll ever use it for anything other than a display. I also have a Homelite Zip and a Pioneer 1200 that are in the same boat.

Good Junk..?

Got some pics. and just spent 45mins. trying to figure out this pic. download thing.My computer knowledge.."or lack of" is really showing right know..But i will keep working on this.

Got some pics. and just spent 45mins. trying to figure out this pic. download thing.My computer knowledge.."or lack of" is really showing right know..But i will keep working on this.

Once I did it I didn't remember how I did it. I can do it, but to explain it, nope. I would just confuse both of us. Search may help, it didn't do much for me, though.

today's haul - 10-10 without the brake, a poulan 361, and a homelite 150.
heroze-albums771-173884.jpg

heroze-albums771-173886.jpg

Good Junk..?

Well i did the search thing and read the sticky on "how to" the pics. but somewhere between the reading and the doing the no working seems to prevail.But for right now im going on a mission.You see i called the woman the we collected the "junk" from yesterday just to see if by any chance she may have the rest of the missing saw pieces,and she told me she wasn't sure but there was some other yellow thing she was getting rid of as junk but it was way to big for her to move.She said she promised it to someone over the summer but he ended up in jail and it's still there. So rite now i will take a ride and take a little look-see at what it could be.. Come on "GOOD JUNK"...:drool:

Brought home a McCulloch Double Eagle 50 today, can anyone tell me much about it, other than it's 50cc and built in Italy?

Good saw, junk saw?

This saw will be like new when cleaned up.

Chris

Ebay 250 for $45

Well i finally got some time in the barn today and started working on my new 250.
When i got it the starter rope was broke, starter spring was broke, fuel line was junk, spark plug was trashed, bottom handle is broke in two places and looked like it was rig welded, totally worn out air filter and there is no choke assembly. On the upside it has a tillotson HL 87C carb a 24" bar and a 20" bar with a chain for both. I got everything fixed besides for the air filter that i need to get and the bottom handle that it needs and the plunger choke assembly.i put a different spark plug in it and used my finger for a choke and it started up on the 8th pull idled for a 2nd and died 9th pull started and ran good. adjusted the idle a lil high and it mid throttled for 20 mins no problem seems like a strong runner and looks to be hardly used, everything including the fuel tank is clean. Cant believe it, its nice to have that happen every once in a while.

My buddy just stopped by and he said that he was over doing a lil scrappen and found another Mac said he would give it to me. cant wait to see what it is and what kinda shape its in. DAMN YELLOW FEVER is EXTREMELY contagious lol.

ya, ya, ya, take it to the Homie thread :msp_flapper:!

Nice saws, btw.

Well its only fair. I have been known to post pics of yellow chainsaws on the Homelite thread.
speaking of slackers and Homelites, they just hit a 100 pages. We should all drop by and celebrate the milestone with them. We could post pics of our favorite chainsaws.

Yeah, I've been ignoring the Homie thread for far too long. I love my yella ones, but I do like the Homie's too. May have to get some more of them when I'm done with all my west coast projects and show some love to the east coast flavor of American Hot Rod Saw...

Well its only fair. I have been known to post pics of yellow chainsaws on the Homelite thread.
speaking of slackers and Homelites, they just hit a 100 pages. We should all drop by and celebrate the milestone with them. We could post pics of our favorite chainsaws.

Did someone say 6 cube homelite???

DSC00840.jpg

Here is my 2 saw plan. Will make it a 3 saw plan when I finish the SEZ on my bench this week...It's even gonna have a full wrap :msp_flapper:
I guess I could always substitute my 360 in the mean time for the 3 saw plan.
DSC00841.jpg

Back