McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of trucks, it just dawned upon me that this thing is too long to fit in my old Toyota. I want my saws ready to go when they're placed in the truck so I guess I'll have to strap it on top or cut 10 inches off the bar. :msp_wink:

Maybe a bigger truck is in order. :dizzy:

Ron

it will fit in my truck just fine so send it over

I have given up on trying to post pictures on this new format. Usually just post twice. Here's the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=330554185578

Ron

I posted an editorial about how to post pics using Firefox, I imagine Internet Explorer would work also. Do a search on AS and you'll probably find it. The main thing that's different is you have to hit "preview post" before you can copy and paste the location. It's every bit as easy as before once you've done it a couple of times.

Speaking of trucks, it just dawned upon me that this thing is too long to fit in my old Toyota. I want my saws ready to go when they're placed in the truck so I guess I'll have to strap it on top or cut 10 inches off the bar. :msp_wink:

Maybe a bigger truck is in order. :dizzy:

Ron

OLD Toyota?, just modify the box (cutting torch), or better yet make it a flat bed.

Saturday

It's finally a dry day here, and am finally caught up with my work sched. I strapped a 42" sprocket nose onto my newest saw the Mac 790/797. I'm off to the woodlot to see how she runs in wood. Hope to have some pics later tonite.

Thanks Mark H. I got the info yesterday.

Ron, Are you serious about the test drive? I can go there tomarrow. just send me his contact info, I'll play "owner's representative" for you. And document with pics.

I had a set of spikes like those on a 660, I stuck those things in all kinds of wood and once, while slideing downhill on my ass, I buried about an inch and a half worth in my right leg. That same saw gave me an electric shock in the same place about a week after I pulled the stitches.

Wow, goes to show that you must stick with the Macs... especially after being attacked by a creamsickle... :)

porting out a 350 sounds fun - I'm thinking of having my Lombard Comango ported I know a guy that us to build racing go-carts out of chainsaw motors he even still has his old 92mph cart from 1969

It will be fun... IIRC the Snellerizer ported and muff modded a Husky 350... it was able to cut quick... IIRC he was testing it against a bigger saw, Husky of course.

Racing karts... ya'll gonna get me in trouble... :D I'm thinking about how much fun it would be to have one that is low, but with suspension, and frustrating the cops in a pursuit downtown... :D 100 mph, in turns too... they ain't gonna have nothing on that. :)

Winlok is just up the road from me, I can go "kick the tires" for you be-for he ships it if you like. Very cool saw. How bout those dawgs, home made or some option they made back in the day?

I had a chromed H&S holding claw on my NOS 125c. That saw went to utah.

Been to winlock a few times myself. Found a barn plumb full of old saws. :msp_biggrin:

Hey Smoker, ya been to the World famous Zollo chainsaw collection in Camas yet?

246.jpg

hsclaw.jpg

It's finally a dry day here, and am finally caught up with my work sched. I strapped a 42" sprocket nose onto my newest saw the Mac 790/797. I'm off to the woodlot to see how she runs in wood. Hope to have some pics later tonite.

Thanks Mark H. I got the info yesterday.

Ron, Are you serious about the test drive? I can go there tomarrow. just send me his contact info, I'll play "owner's representative" for you. And document with pics.

I was serious. I don't have any contact info beyond what you'll find on eBay. He has other saws listed. I hope you have a good day at the woodlot today. Ron

I posted an editorial about how to post pics using Firefox, I imagine Internet Explorer would work also. Do a search on AS and you'll probably find it. The main thing that's different is you have to hit "preview post" before you can copy and paste the location. It's every bit as easy as before once you've done it a couple of times.

Thanks. I have followed your and several others' instructions with the same result. Once I hit preview, the pictures don't open. If I open the pictures from the preview then I can't return to my post. Are you saying that I don't have to open the pictures. Previously the pictures would open on a separate page and I would copy the URL. Ron

Thanks. I have followed your and several others' instructions with the same result. Once I hit preview, the pictures don't open. If I open the pictures from the preview then I can't return to my post. Are you saying that I don't have to open the pictures. Previously the pictures would open on a separate page and I would copy the URL. Ron

Try right clicking on the attachment text and selecting 'Copy image location' and then scrolling down from the preview into the editing box

click on the neat little tree pic in the tool bar and then paste it in the box. Click OK and it should show the
text.

Lets see, from right to left. An Echo 451, then the Destroyer 10-10, Echo 602, the girl has a 925 and that goofy bastard has a 660.

The 660 was the third McCulloch I had ever run, starting back in June of 1974, over the next six years, I cut some interesting wood with it. It was my go to saw for the weird and ugly. I rarely gave any thought to how much a chainsaw weighed, only what I could do with it. Back then, I could have a 660 in each hand, run aways uphill and commence sawing. I was a barbaric animal, often went out of my way just to kill something.

Lets see, from right to left. An Echo 451, then the Destroyer 10-10, Echo 602, the girl has a 925 and that goofy bastard has a 660.

The 660 was the third McCulloch I had ever run, starting back in June of 1974, over the next six years, I cut some interesting wood with it. It was my go to saw for the weird and ugly. I rarely gave any thought to how much a chainsaw weighed, only what I could do with it. Back then, I could have a 660 in each hand, run aways uphill and commence sawing. I was a barbaric animal, often went out of my way just to kill something.
I would have never guessed Echo's. and a 10-10. Funny that the girl has a bigger saw than them other fellas.

You're supposed to open the pics first, then it shows you're location but you can't click on it until you preview the post. Right click on the little paperclipy thing until you see "copy link location" then go to the little square to post it like before. This new version won't upload pics that are big, you have to downsize them first. I'm not real good at instructing but here's what i wrote from before. Click on:
1. Manage attachments
2. Browse
3. Choose file
4. Upload file (pic)
5. (Uploaded file will be above "manage attachments")
6. Preview Post
7. Right click on file name and select "copy shortcut"
8. Go to message window above message and to right of the email icon and click "insert image"
9. Right click on the http bar and click "paste"

If I remembered it right that's all there is to it. I'm using Firefox as I said before and Internet Explorer might be worded a bit different but probably is about the same.

Back