McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abc check? Never heard it said that way before. :) Interesting way of saying spell check. :cheers:

In general, most of these old saws have basically gone through the roof on prices, noticeably the Macs. The PM 800/805/850 series saws are going for buku bucks right now. Still not gonna sell mine, I know I'll regret it. :) It's quite something to rebuild something from a box of parts and make it run. I like being able to do that and look at what I rebuilt, and to know I did it. :)

my tool bar Cale's it abc with a check mark and also I couldn't spell spell check --- I just watched a homelite 2000 go from 25.00 to 350.00 in 4 days and a Mac lunch box saw sell fore almost 500.00 but my saws are my babies and I will hold on to them till I cant lift them anymore

Last edited:
Here's your saw.;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
love that bar but the saw looks like it wants to hurt me

my tool bar Cale's it abc with a check mark and also I couldn't spell spell check --- I just watched a homelite 2000 go from 25.00 to 350.00 in 4 days and a Mac lunch box saw sell fore almost 500.00 but my saws are my babies and I will hold on to them till I cant lift them anymore

I agree with you on the saws being your babies... mine are like that to me too... I know, originally I did have a slight intent of selling the Husky 350 after I got the muffler bolt problem fixed, but I know it's not gonna happen, cause I'm porting it and modding the muffler... :D

love that bar but the saw looks like it wants to hurt me

It does look like it wants to kill someone. Maybe making sure you're not the only one around it would help prevent it from attacking you... :D

Holy Mac-attack batman!! That is an awesome piece of history! I've only seen a few of those kitted saws that Saw=King has listed on the bay. Extremely rare to see one in such fine shape. I think you did good on the price, a descent Kart motor goes for that much (or more). Man I hope it runs as good as it looks. Winlok is just up the road from me, I can go "kick the tires" for you be-for he ships it if you like. Very cool saw. How bout those dawgs, home made or some option they made back in the day?

Last edited:
Holy Mac-attack batman!! That is an awesome piece of history! I've only seen a few of those kitted saws that Saw=King has listed on the bay. Extremely rare to see one in such fine shape. I think you did good on the price, a descent Kart motor goes for that much (or more). Man I hope it runs as good as it looks. Winlok is just up the road from me, I can go "kick the tires" for you be-for he ships it if you like. Very cool saw. How bout those dawgs, home made or some option they made back in the day?

You are welcome to test drive it if the Seller is willing. I hope he is a good packer. Ron

I had a set of spikes like those on a 660, I stuck those things in all kinds of wood and once, while slideing downhill on my ass, I buried about an inch and a half worth in my right leg. That same saw gave me an electric shock in the same place about a week after I pulled the stitches.

I agree with you on the saws being your babies... mine are like that to me too... I know, originally I did have a slight intent of selling the Husky 350 after I got the muffler bolt problem fixed, but I know it's not gonna happen, cause I'm porting it and modding the muffler... :D

It does look like it wants to kill someone. Maybe making sure you're not the only one around it would help prevent it from attacking you... :D

porting out a 350 sounds fun - I'm thinking of having my Lombard Comango ported I know a guy that us to build racing go-carts out of chainsaw motors he even still has his old 92mph cart from 1969

I had a set of spikes like those on a 660, I stuck those things in all kinds of wood and once, while slideing downhill on my ass, I buried about an inch and a half worth in my right leg. That same saw gave me an electric shock in the same place about a week after I pulled the stitches.

didn't you have a picture of those in an early part of this thread sometime last year

Yeah, probably in here more than once, look for green CDF Firecrew truck. I'm the goofy bastard on the left with the 660. I don't have access to my pics right now.

Yeah, probably in here more than once, look for green CDF Firecrew truck. I'm the goofy bastard on the left with the 660. I don't have access to my pics right now.

ya you look goofy in all your pictures like the video with a new saw you looked like a little kid on xmas so exited you fumbled about a bit just kiding havent talked fore a bit with you

that saw sold for more than I bout my truck sorie about the spelling abc check isent working

It should have sold for a lot more. Seller placed a really bad ad. No "chainsaw" in the description. No "kart" in the description. No "101B" in the description. If he had a better description, I'll bet he could have gotten close to a grand.

Great find, enjoy the saw. Sure is an ugly thing with the "bicentennial" colors. I just love that bar. Awesome vintage roller.

that saw sold for more than I bout my truck sorie about the spelling abc check isent working

Speaking of trucks, it just dawned upon me that this thing is too long to fit in my old Toyota. I want my saws ready to go when they're placed in the truck so I guess I'll have to strap it on top or cut 10 inches off the bar. :msp_wink:

Maybe a bigger truck is in order. :dizzy:

Ron

Latest posts

Back