McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a G-70 that has a 1/2 pitch chain and want to switch it to .404. Anybody have a spare sprocket or know where to get one?

Thanks,

questions........

is your 1/2 sprocket shot?

are you planning on doing a lot of cutting and wearing out a few chains?

is yours the original .058 bar and chain?

how long is bar and drive count now?

the G70 I sold mrbowsaw had a new bar and 1/2 chain on it.
Knowing him he probaly put a bow on it now. :msp_biggrin:

vid

rebuilding a 300------are 250 and 300 gas tanks interchangeable? I know the oiling stuff is a little different. I have a good 250 tank and a bad 300. anybody have a good 300 tank?------- thanks

questions........

is your 1/2 sprocket shot?

are you planning on doing a lot of cutting and wearing out a few chains?

is yours the original .058 bar and chain?

how long is bar and drive count now?

the G70 I sold mrbowsaw had a new bar and 1/2 chain on it.
Knowing him he probaly put a bow on it now. :msp_biggrin:

vid

Now would I do that.:biggrin:

attachment.php

But really, you don't have a monster HP saw, no speed demon. So unless the 1/2" chain is shot, why don't you just use it??

It's not shot, almost new actually. Nice round chisel Stihl chain, maybe sharpened once.

You givin' away .404 sprockets?
The 1-60 series were often .404.

I'll try that, part number is 56442 for the 8T .404, 52069A for the 7T .404, and 36644A is the 7T 1/2.

questions........is your 1/2 sprocket shot? are you planning on doing a lot of cutting and wearing out a few chains? is yours the original .058 bar and chain? how long is bar and drive count now? the G70 I sold mrbowsaw had a new bar and 1/2 chain on it. Knowing him he probaly put a bow on it now. :msp_biggrin:vid

Sprocket is in great shape, not a lot of cutting, mine has a bow on it now, wonder what he's going to do with the regular bar and chain? I may have to give him a shout, thanks.

rebuilding a 300------are 250 and 300 gas tanks interchangeable? I know the oiling stuff is a little different. I have a good 250 tank and a bad 300. anybody have a good 300 tank?------- thanks

Should be an easy swap. Since you already have both tanks, lay them next to each other and compare the oiling guts. Don't know about the 300, but make sure you have the right crankcase stuffer.

Chris B.

So, now that the cat is out of the bag....got the bar and 1/2 chain that saw came with....want to get rid of it????:msp_w00t:

I will need to go see if I still have it hanging up or put it on another saw.

So, now that the cat is out of the bag....got the bar and 1/2 chain that saw came with....want to get rid of it????:msp_w00t:

actually a couple cats got loose.

you never mentioned it was a bow.

but now that you do I bet cliff is drooling all over the woodlot right now.:D

I smell a trade coming.:msp_rolleyes:

the offenders were punished.

mistaking the true 660 with something else was almost unforgivable.

Hmm... what do I have to do to revoke your punishment that you revoked upon me?? PBR? Sniper rifle? Full wrap PM 850 handlebar that needs a grip?? Hmm... gotta come up with something for you...

actually a couple cats got loose.

you never mentioned it was a bow.

but now that you do I bet cliff is drooling all over the woodlot right now.:D

I smell a trade coming.:msp_rolleyes:

Drooling?....Only when those young fine looking beach girls
come in here to buy firewood for there beach party.:biggrin::biggrin:

Latest posts

Back