McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stinkbait, that 5G sounds good. With that bar on it the powerhead appears to be very compact. Ron

It does appear that way. The saw is really nose heavy though.

Hey Stink, Sweet runnin 5-10G
She sounds just great in the cut.

Lee

Thanks! I love the sound of this saw. It's the only mac of mine that I had to spend what I consider a lot of money on. It turned out to be a great investment though.

Stinkbait,
Nice 5-10g. Thanks for the video. It looks and sounds great! I'm wondering what size bar you have on it. I think I'm jealous!

Jeff

Here you go, some McCulloch vodka
My buddy runs a tow service and a guy give him this bottle for helping him out on the highway. The guy claims it is his grandpa's recipe and it is better than any other kind.....my buddy Nick will let me know how good it is pretty soon:cheers:

Since we are sideways a little right now anyways, I will post some orange that Aaron and Randy should approve of. What are they going to do, fire me?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I broke my finger after taking these, it should know better than that. IH bad.

Since we are sideways a little right now anyways, I will post some orange that Aaron and Randy should approve of. What are they going to do, fire me?

I broke my finger after taking these, it should know better than that. IH bad.

Thanks for posting those Jeff. That's a fantastic truck. Love the Red Iron too. Betcha wish that JD had made trucks!:D

feature2011-ihc-logo.jpg

Thanks for posting those Jeff. That's a fantastic truck. Love the Red Iron too. Betcha wish that JD had made trucks!:D

No, glad they stuck with what they did best. They did make sulkies and carriages back in the day, but I have no experience there.

While were off track, I took a break from working on the Macs and went fishing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey... you forgot to give the fish some PBR!!! :msp_mad: You're a meanie... It deserves a sip for supplying you with fillets...

:D

On a separate note, tomorrow will be a day where I will pick up books and #### for school, and I also plan to run around and bother some tool and die shops about boring a certain cylinder for a certain 6 cube yellow saw... hopefully time will allow such endeavors...

They used to make motor home chassises. I don't know whether they still do or not.
They still make a nice little dump truck for the weekend warrior:
JD_547154_800.jpg

And a nice little log truck:
JD_547154_800.jpg

:biggrin: Ron

Anybody seen this, the rod cap is not straight, it looks broken and I believe is cast that way. After it is hardened they break the cap off the rod and they are a matched set. You can see that the surface is not machined or flat.

100MEDIA_IMAG0669.jpg

You can see in the picture that the cap is very rough on the flat surface. When I went to re-install the cap it wouldn't fit correctly. A closer look and placing the cap on the opposite way they were a perfect match.

What do you think?

Anybody seen this, the rod cap is not straight, it looks broken and I believe is cast that way. After it is hardened they break the cap off the rod and they are a matched set. You can see that the surface is not machined or flat.

100MEDIA_IMAG0669.jpg

You can see in the picture that the cap is very rough on the flat surface. When I went to re-install the cap it wouldn't fit correctly. A closer look and placing the cap on the opposite way they were a perfect match.

What do you think?

Fracture cap technology, state of the art today... What was this doing on a 70's saw??? :)

100MEDIA_IMAG0669.jpg

What do you think?

If you look at the cap in your pic there is a little dot, and on the rod there should be another little dot. Those two dots have to line up or they wont fit properly. If I remember correctly the rod is made whole and then fractured at the big end, making for a perfect fit.

Latest posts

Back