McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm starting to get some yellow fever a little here. Running the 125 a few times this week has got it started. I thought the 655 had some power but I think this yellow is more addicting. :msp_sneaky:

acres site say's the 300 is 80cc? i never measured mine? what is the torque spec. for head bolts on a s44a?--------thanks

That's another Acres site error. The 300 is 87cc, as is the 650 gear drive that uses the same engine (my 650 has both "300" and "650" stamped on the block). Acres site also lists the 650 as a direct drive, and has the wrong picture in the listing. These saws have a 1.5" stroke, while the 80cc Macs have the 1.375" stroke. Another Acres listing error is the 450. It's listed as being 87cc and having the same bore and stroke as the 300 (and other 87cc Macs). In reality, it has the same 1.5" stroke as the 87cc Macs, but has a larger bore (shared with the 99cc Macs which have a longer stroke than the 450). The true displacement of a 450 is 91cc.

Mystery Gear Drive Mac

Thank you my texter who let me know about this little gem on the CL, he can name himself if he likes. What a day, multiple texts with good deals and no money in my pocket, 3 way calling with a seller and third party with money and faith in me to pay them back, burning through work and flying home to see what it is my friend just bought for me. The questions were not answered very clearly as I was the only one with the basic knowledge of saws, but figured that it was either a gear drive McCulloch or a right hand start 10-10, Ha Ha Ha I laugh with madness. So $50 bucks later and a lot of anticipation this is what I acquired............Huh does any one know what model it is? Now for the pics and I warn you they suck.
Photo0048.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0049.jpg

Photo0051.jpg

My camera ate a few pics I will take some more, here is a video
[video=youtube;RQGZMl8hEu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGZMl8hEu0[/video]

now for the #'s
model #60004
on the block it starts with a letter or number I can't quite make out, it is ether a A or a 4 then 1712
and on the tag 12-13965
what do you all think?

ok more pics, light is fading so sorry about the quality.
Photo0062.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0066.jpg

here is my McCulloch Trifecta
Photo0063.jpg

here is the pics of the cylinder from muffler side, I will probably have to measure the bore tomorrow.
first is the 10-10
Photo0068.jpg

now the gear drive
Photo0067.jpg

does this help?

I agree with the Emperor ..... nice find!

But alas, you do suck.

I had help from a member here, he actually sent me quite a few good deals today just pulled the trigger on the Mac due to lack of funds for the other deals. Got lucky on it being a gear drive, thought I was going to end up with a right hand start 10-10.

Latest posts

Back