McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Lee, but who is going to remember my 10 Series saws after seeing a beauty like that?

Mark

Just make them run two tanks in a row through the Super797G and then let them do the same with the 10 series; they'll remember (and appreciate) the 10 series at least until their arms settle back to their proper lengths. Heck, I bet just the glimpse of electric start will be a joyous occasion. Really, with such a beautiful and powerful saw, who is going to remember much about any other saw. Ron

Lee - If I said I love your big ones some guys would get the wrong impression...I do admire your big saws and the skill, efforts, and craftsmanship you put in them.

One of these days when I get a few other projects caught up I have an 840 project saw in pieces, not quite like a 797G but pretty decent saws in their own right.

Keep up the good work and keep prodding the rest of us to strive for something better.

Mark

Lee - If I said I love your big ones some guys would get the wrong impression...I do admire your big saws and the skill, efforts, and craftsmanship you put in them.

One of these days when I get a few other projects caught up I have an 840 project saw in pieces, not quite like a 797G but pretty decent saws in their own right.

Keep up the good work and keep prodding the rest of us to strive for something better.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'm sure your 840 will turn out just fine.
No need for you guys to strive for something better.
Everyone here doe's a great job at there own level.
And if we all like the same saw it would be a very boring
world.

Lee

618005.jpg

Well, tomorrow morning, I'm going to go pick up a five cuber yellow thing.

Yep, I got nailed by Yellow Fever. Best of all, this one is a cream puff... all original, not one bit of corrosion or abuse, minimal scratches or other damage to paint/magnesium. Very clean. Not saying anything else until I have it in my hands.

Well, tomorrow morning, I'm going to go pick up a five cuber yellow thing.

Yep, I got nailed by Yellow Fever. Best of all, this one is a cream puff... all original, not one bit of corrosion or abuse, minimal scratches or other damage to paint/magnesium. Very clean. Not saying anything else until I have it in my hands.

I'm sure the 850 will enjoy the company. Ron

I'm sure the 850 will enjoy the company. Ron

I'm fairly certain the 850 will... and hopefully this addition will cause more yellow saws to show up. Who wouldn't like that?

RandyMac, that is a real nice watering can you got there. I can see my mom walking around "watering" trees with it... :D

Looking for Mac 10-10A Muffler Kit

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the site and have been enjoying reading about all the vintage saws, their history and stories behind each saw. Recently I have set out to fix up my grandfather's Mac 10-10A RHP. It was the first saw I started out on and will forever remain a connection to the man who taught me much about the outdoors. Someday I will pass it onto my son.

The saw starts and runs strong but is in need of a new muffler and chain tensioner. As many of you know, there are many of these saws still out there but replacement parts are getting hard to find.

I've searched the net and have not been able to find these parts. I did find a used muffler on the bay but the seller wants $32 and I feel this may be high since parts saws can be had for $50, give or take.

Does anyone here have a muffler or chain tensioner they would like to sell or can recommend some sites that may be helpful?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Red rep target ahoy! Open fire onto David324!

ARRRRRRG!!!

... what the #### is going on? His rep is back already.

Last edited:
Back