McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm a member of the Super 250 club thanks to joeymt33. :rock:

Congrats... I'll admit I'm slightly jealous...

But I keep thinking about the 790... 6.4 cubes, 2.247" bore thanks to the .030" piston.

Which reminds me, I forgot to call that parts guy. Again. d'oh. Gonna write it on my hand now...

Congrats... I'll admit I'm slightly jealous...

But I keep thinking about the 790... 6.4 cubes, 2.247" bore thanks to the .030" piston.

Which reminds me, I forgot to call that parts guy. Again. d'oh. Gonna write it on my hand now...

Thanks man but nothing to be jealous about yet, it is indeed a project saw.

Promac610 what kind of brids do you have that has to have seeds cooked,I have heard of something about hens teeth.....:msp_confused:

We only cook the seeds to keep the bird #### from sprouting sunflowers all over the yard. And to keep all of the dropped seeds under the feeders from sprouting as well.

I'm fairly sure the birds really like cooked seed as they will wait for you to fill the feeders, as soon as you get about 15 feet away. they'll be on the feeders eating away.

The sparrows, woodpeckers, blackbirds, and a few others love eating off of the feeders. Robins and barn swallows still prefer their ordinary meals, however. (worms and bugs)

Also have an oriole and hummingbird feeder out there. It was pouring the other day and there was this drenched oriole drinking the sugar water out of the feeder.

Nice to have big picture windows... makes for excellent bird watching right outside our living room window. We often watch the birds rather than the commercials on the TV...

Where are my Mac thread manners...

The air filter for the 250 is pretty clean now. Just gotta rinse it off and let it dry.

Take a good look at this S250, the next time you see it you will be making me offers on it:cheers:
1zegsyd.jpg

i've got a 82cc 10-series piston i think. its part number is 92520 on the box but there is no markings on the piston at all. i compared it to a 82cc piston and it is the same as far as i can tell.

do you guys think this is the "C" piston that is not marked? did they do that? or another piston in a 92520 box?

There is only a small difference in diameter between the A, B & C pistons. I can't find right now the dimensions. I don't have a "C" to compare but my "A" piston has a single indented dot in the crown. My "B" pistons do not. Just wondering whether a "C" has two dots? Some pistons I see advertised are hand scribed with the part number. Ron

Take a good look at this S250, the next time you see it you will be making me offers on it:cheers:
1zegsyd.jpg

eeewww... that one is all crusty... :D

I'm sure it'll be nice when you get done with it.

As for a Super 250, I may have a line on one already... question is whether I'll have enough money left over from the 790 project and this recent 250 purchase.

Here's the video for you yellow saw fans... (me included... :D) She fired right up on the first pull with choke, quickly switched the choke off and she barked a nice idle. :rock: Sorry about the video being a little shaky... I don't know why it's fuzzy, guess it must've turned into a potato a few weeks back. Or maybe the exhaust pulses of this old beast is messing the camera up, lol. Yeah, I need to lean out the low side mix screw a tad.

[video=youtube_share;q6CSJQ9MnPg]http://youtu.be/q6CSJQ9MnPg[/video]

eeewww... that one is all crusty... :D

I'm sure it'll be nice when you get done with it.

As for a Super 250, I may have a line on one already... question is whether I'll have enough money left over from the 790 project and this recent 250 purchase.

Here's the video for you yellow saw fans... (me included... :D) She fired right up on the first pull with choke, quickly switched the choke off and she barked a nice idle. :rock: Sorry about the video being a little shaky... I don't know why it's fuzzy, guess it must've turned into a potato a few weeks back. Or maybe the exhaust pulses of this old beast is messing the camera up, lol. Yeah, I need to lean out the low side mix screw a tad.

Nice video Kyle!

Saw sounds nice!

... at about the 1:00 mark in the video, notice the 'path' in the grass created by the exhaust .... :laugh:

You didn't buy that S-250 from Joey to flip it did you?:msp_confused:

If so...........I've got about 1.5 mini-macs to offer in trade.:D

There is only a small difference in diameter between the A, B & C pistons. I can't find right now the dimensions. I don't have a "C" to compare but my "A" piston has a single indented dot in the crown. My "B" pistons do not. Just wondering whether a "C" has two dots? Some pistons I see advertised are hand scribed with the part number. Ron

I had a 'C' piston for a brief time (because the guy I got it one sent me the wrong piston). Both the piston and the box were marked with the 92520 part number. My 'A' piston is marked with the 92518 part number.

You didn't buy that S-250 from Joey to flip it did you?:msp_confused:

If so...........I've got about 1.5 mini-macs to offer in trade.:D

I had a 'C' piston for a brief time (because the guy I got it one sent me the wrong piston). Both the piston and the box were marked with the 92520 part number. My 'A' piston is marked with the 92518 part number.

There were no markings on this piston at all other than "EX" which i see on all of them It was in a zip lock bag with the number 92520 on the bag in permanent marker. I didn't see any dots on top of it either. It didnt have any rings or bearings either. I gave it back to the guy

Dennis shouldn't have any problem flipping that saw. He got it for only $25

New (to me) PM700

I have been reading up on the awesomeness of the larger 10-10 variants, and was just gifted this PM700 along with a 10-10A and n 044. I guess I will have to take the Stihl to get the black and yellow ones:laugh: I am pretty stoked to get the 700. I can't wait to get it going and cut some wood with it!
attachment.php
attachment.php
:rock::rock:

I have been reading up on the awesomeness of the larger 10-10 variants, and was just gifted this PM700 along with a 10-10A and n 044. I guess I will have to take the Stihl to get the black and yellow ones:laugh: I am pretty stoked to get the 700. I can't wait to get it going and cut some wood with it!
attachment.php
attachment.php
:rock::rock:

Congrats on the saws. Those two yeller saws looks like someone has already gotten the good out of them. Good look getting them going.

Well, I got the rip snorting Ryobi trimmer out today and cleared some of the brush/hay/weeds crap outta of my "landing" where the ash logs are. Might get a video up of the 250 cutting some wood later today.

Here is the 250 cutting some hard wood. The pile contains ash and oak. I did a little cutting before I made the video, but the chain had to be sharpened... it was making mostly dust. Sharpened it up fairly well and got back to work. Then had to fill the saw up with fuel and bar oil.

Running vpower at 40:1 with Echo Powerblend oil. I need to spend some more time on the stubby bar's chain, buy a new chain or two for the original bar, and grease up the clutch drum bearing.

[video=youtube_share;wkbpIB-hZxw]http://youtu.be/wkbpIB-hZxw[/video]

Latest posts

Back