McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks to me like the holes are there, I believe this to be a 2-10G.

I picked up the handle bar some while ago off e-bay not knowing for sure what saw it would fit. When I brought this saw home and took the wrong handle bar off (too short on top) I realized what I had in the attic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Joey, let me know if you are serious about the G-70; I have it in my watch list but won't pursue it if you are going to bid.

Mark

I will not bid, I was just curious.

Joey - 5-10 is also 70 cc. That fact is missed by many McCulloch buffs. I don't remember on the 4-10 but they are listed in the front of the 10 Series workshop manual.

Aaron - perhaps when I am home again I can make a photo record of the different blocks I have. I am pretty sure the SP 105 & 125 have the oval exhaust, as does the Super 797. The rest we will have to look again.

Mark

Joey - 5-10 is also 70 cc. That fact is missed by many McCulloch buffs. I don't remember on the 4-10 but they are listed in the front of the 10 Series workshop manual.

Mark

Thanks mark, I don't have any experience with the 5-10. I was going off of Acresintetnet which I know isn't always reliable. He has the 5-10E as 70cc and the 5-10g, 5-10, 5-10A as 54cc.

Aaron - perhaps when I am home again I can make a photo record of the different blocks I have. I am pretty sure the SP 105 & 125 have the oval exhaust, as does the Super 797. The rest we will have to look again.

Mark[/QUOTE]

The Super 797 as well as the regular 797 and CP125
do not have the oval shaped exhaust port like a SP125.
They are the rectangle shaped with one bridge.

Lee

Pm 55

I was cleaning up a PM 55 to sell but I think I have it running so good I may not sell it after all. I was wondering what the difference is internally from a PM 55 and a 10-10? Externally the 55 has a de-comp valve and a different type of trigger latch but otherwise I can't tell it from my 10-10 that is sitting next to it.

I was cleaning up a PM 55 to sell but I think I have it running so good I may not sell it after all. I was wondering what the difference is internally from a PM 55 and a 10-10? Externally the 55 has a de-comp valve and a different type of trigger latch but otherwise I can't tell it from my 10-10 that is sitting next to it.

Im in love with my PM 55 I advise you to sharpen up the chain and let it take you for a ride

I'd like to add this info to Marks info on the air box fittings.

I was playing with some carbs in the shop in attempt to make a better fuel hose angle. Here is what I come up with

In this pic you can see two x-10 carbs next to each other. Note the 90 degree elbow on one and the straight on the other. The elbow is from a PM610
degy8udu.jpg

Here are the elbows removed
y9usagy2.jpg

apj - PM55 and 10-10S are the same, 57 cc and 1.812 bore. I just rebuilt a PM55 with a new cylinder and piston, runs much better than a PM60 I have that is in pretty good shape.

For anyone interested, the McCulloch 10 Series shop manual says the 4-10, 5-10, 6-10, LG-6, and CP70 are all 70 cc saws.

Mark

apj - PM55 and 10-10S are the same, 57 cc and 1.812 bore. I just rebuilt a PM55 with a new cylinder and piston, runs much better than a PM60 I have that is in pretty good shape.

For anyone interested, the McCulloch 10 Series shop manual says the 4-10, 5-10, 6-10, LG-6, and CP70 are all 70 cc saws.

Mark

I was showing a buddy of mine how easy the 55 is to start and it surprised even me...I pulled the rope once (cold) and it roared to life, I even forgot to pull the choke out!

The carb wasn't set rich or anything but it was a warm day..

Last edited:

Mark

Cool, I didn't know the 4-10 was 70cc. Thanks for that info. You sent that manual to me but I havent committed it to memory like you have!

The titan 50 ate the double eagle 50 coil ! ran great for about 6 hours and died. Is there any solution to this?

Brian

Back