McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I ended up getting an adjustable carb from Mark at the GTG Iowa and previous owner slobbered some type of epoxy all over cover for oil tank and fuel tank so I put new gaskets in place as it peed everywhere it sat. It runs good now but I have to put it to wood. I put a new rim on it tonight and took it outside and it is auto oiling now. I had to make the gasket for the oil pump as it tore taking the pump out

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't it have a fully adjustable SDC on it when we were chatting?

I know there is a member Whiskers that has two 250s on Craigs list. Contact him maybe something can be worked out. Check Omaha craigslist.

This ProMac 55 has a total super bar. I have never seen this model before. I likey though. It shows hardly any wear.
pahepavu.jpg

Any idea what this part is? It was in the oil tank of a ProMac55
qegu2u5y.jpg

That piece should snap in to underside the oil filler cap, acts as a sort of baffle to help prevent the oil from splashing out. You will find the same sort of device on the 600 Series saws as well. I am not sure why they seem to fall off from time to time but you do frequently find them in the oil tank.

Mark

That piece should snap in to underside the oil filler cap, acts as a sort of baffle to help prevent the oil from splashing out. You will find the same sort of device on the 600 Series saws as well. I am not sure why they seem to fall off from time to time but you do frequently find them in the oil tank.

Mark

I knew you would know what thsi is. Jinkies mystery solved. I figured at first it was somethign that was dropped into the tank.

Little more 125 action.

I spent the morning chunking the rounds I cut last Saturday with "Ric". Ric gave me no problems but once again after I ran it dry, it had an upset stomach and belched a lot, but it cleared up quicker this time. I started to use "Betty" a little but I dulled the chain right out the chute. Here are a few pictures:

Last week's work, today's starting point:

attachment.php

Mid-point:

attachment.php

Just past half way:

attachment.php

Ron

View attachment 259507View attachment 259509View attachment 259510

Time for some new chaps. Asbestos chaps???

Well, I pulled a Mark H. today while dicing a round at an awkward angle - the exhaust from Betty burned a hole in my chaps. Then when lugging Ric back to the truck, I rested the saw on my leg without thinking. Maybe I should attach a removeable protective leather patch on my new chaps ... or wear a welder's apron. :msp_smile:

Mark impersonation ;):

attachment.php

Memory lapse :bang::

attachment.php

Sum results :taped::

attachment.php

Ron

View attachment 259513View attachment 259514View attachment 259515

Last edited:
Well chaps cost less than skin to replace of that magnitude:laugh:

Those rounds make the 125 look kind of dinky:yoyo:

Well chaps cost less than skin to replace of that magnitude:laugh:

Those rounds make the 125 look kind of dinky:yoyo:

I like cutting big biscuits. Dicing them is not so much fun unless you can separate the rounds first. Not possible today working alone. Also it was rough on the chains with the tree slammed so far down in the dirt.

I was told today that they have an even bigger one lined up for me. I haven't even gotten to the one in this thread yet: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/209188.htm I would love to see a GTG in the area as I would donate a nice log or two just to see some big saws run. Ron

Well I did get home late last night (actually early this morning) but spent the whole day today working in the yard and garden gettng things ready for winter.

The BP399T is still setting on the bench, maybe I will have a chance this week to scrounge up some materials to make a mount for it. I would like to hear it run.

Other projects are all still setting around waiting, 895, 790, 890, and a 1-81 plus a D-44 for a young friend. Then there is an SP81/81E (sort of) in the attic plus an 840 in the attic and.....

Anyway, this is a McCulloch thread so go big Mac.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

so i ran into a little snag with my yellow 660, the manual oilier plunger is stuck at the bottom of the bore, i've tried pushing it back out with air, tried taping on it and now it's soaking in pb blaster and i'm stumped

update i'm going to try to fish it out with a easy out tomorrow

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back