McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am looking for a intake boot for a cp125 what are my options. i have heard mention about a stihl 088, might work but want to make sure. i am tot in a hurry so if i should just wait for one to come along i would take that advice also.

Hey All,

Picked these up over the weekend, cleaned all carbs, all run awesome!

Adding to the hive!

260057d1351619914-10-series-2-jpg

View attachment 260057

260058d1351619920-10-series-jpg

View attachment 260058

Andy

i really like that Pro Mac 60, I had one that would really cut good. out of those 4 saws, i'd pic that PM60 over the others every day of the week. Nice score!

Hmmm

When I sold it to you it was an pm8200. It looks much better on a Mac lovers bench.

I would like to hear some recommendations for breaking in the new piston and rings.

My thought was to run it lightly and not let it get too hot. Use a 32:1 mix and pay real close attention to the state of tune it's in. I would do those things for the first 2-3 tanks and then turn it loose after that.

Thoughts?

Let me know next time you find one. I'd like to find a SP81E, PM805, and a PM850 super. I think that would finish off the 82cc line up.

I told you when you got that one,...... You can have first dibs. I thought I had your next Big Mac, but it turned out the old guy thought a timber bear was big.

Some think those are rare too. They are neither rare or big.

I've got a project after this one that should be fun. I'll reveal that later in the week. Ted already knows what it is, so don't spoil it!

Put me in for an 8200, SP80, SP81E, PM805, and Super PM850 as well. Seems I have more holes in my 82 cc line up right now. I do have two PM800's and one SP81 avaialble for trade...

cutforfun - the boot from an 088 can be made to work, but the ID is a lot smaller than the original

attachment.php

Mark

I would like to hear some recommendations for breaking in the new piston and rings.

My thought was to run it lightly and not let it get too hot. Use a 32:1 mix and pay real close attention to the state of tune it's in. I would do those things for the first 2-3 tanks and then turn it loose after that.

Thoughts?

I'd get it warmed up, then run it like you stole it. It'll seat those rings well. Good luck!

sandy

We are more then dismayed about this massive destructions in the east of your coutry.
So sad about so many people lost their homes and property.
sorry ,find no more words.
Sure many saws can help to clean up this,sure some yellow ones too!

E.

Latest posts

Back