McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is sitting in a million pieces on the kids' ping pong table. I started to switch to an electronic coil but the mounts are different. So I may just put it back stock. I still don't have the MAC special screw but I'll find someting else to replace it. Have you noticed the prices SP70s have been bringing on eBay? Might make it hard for me to keep it. Ron

What screw are you looking for?

It is sitting in a million pieces on the kids' ping pong table. I started to switch to an electronic coil but the mounts are different. So I may just put it back stock. I still don't have the MAC special screw but I'll find someting else to replace it. Have you noticed the prices SP70s have been bringing on eBay? Might make it hard for me to keep it. Ron

GEDC0784.jpg

No plans to sell any time soon. :msp_wub:

What screw(s) are you looking for? Are they for the saw or the ping-pong table? :laugh:

No big deal: Part no. 83811 Bolts the rear AV mount to the motor. I can make do by borrowing one from one of my 800s or swapping in something from Fastenal. Ron

Mine shows #110894 which is a hex head 10-24 x 2 1/8" screw going through the AV mount down through the shroud into the block.

Mine shows #110894 which is a hex head 10-24 x 2 1/8" screw going through the AV mount down through the shroud into the block.

I afraid that you are looking at the wrong list. The screw you list is part # 1 shown in the fuel tank assembly - the two screws that hold the carb down; look at part # 1 on the next list. Ron

I afraid that you are looking at the wrong list. The screw you list is part # 1 shown in the fuel tank assembly - the two screws that hold the carb down; look at part # 1 on the next list. Ron

LOL .... the bass-ackwards logic used at McCulloch strikes again!

Why would anyone think that the legend would immediately follow the diagram?

Aside that it is 'Special,' do you have any specs on it?

Well, I didn't fix the manual oiler on the 8200. It is very strange. The manual oiler works great but the rod from the button to the oiler is too long. It has the manual oiler pushed in almost completely. What's up with that?

The oiler rod looks to not be bent and it also looks to be original. The manual oiler I used is not original to the saw. Maybe that's the problem?

The oiler rod looks to not be bent and it also looks to be original. The manual oiler I used is not original to the saw. Maybe that's the problem?

IIRC my NOS piston/cylinder/oil tank/etc "kit" came with a "direct action manual oiler pump" (whatever that means in comparison to the original pump) and a manual oiler rod. Maybe the "new" style pump uses a shorter rod. I'll go grab it out of the closet and measure the pushrod length. BRB.....

photobucket-1978-1351826633622.jpg

photobucket-480-1351826907328.jpg

Here's the contents of the 'goodie bag' that came with my "kit". The instructions state that the parts for the direct action manual oil pump "must be used with the new replacement cylinder/crankcase or short block". The manual oiler pushrod included in the "kit" measures out to about 7-7/16" from end to end (with a steel tape measure).

I did manage to add one this week, just needed a little massage to get it running properly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also received a box from Joey yesterday, now I have another project to work on one day when I assemble a few more parts around an 82 cc saw, or maybe I turn an SP70 in to a real sleeper...

Mark

The PM8200 lives! You can see that I'm finding the limits of the saw using a 32" bar and cutting with the grain. I can push pretty hard and it will keep digging but it doesn't have the power of my PM850 with that 38" bar. When the spikes bit and you use that for leverage, i can stop the chain. Maybe when it gets broke in the power will come up a bit.

Back