McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got such NOS but..

Scored some NOS this week...

286504d1364136387-bar-spike-jpg

View attachment 286504

The bar will go nicely with the PM1000, though I don't have a chain for it yet.

-Andy

..except mine's only 20"..

I got a NOS hard-tip 28".. but it's the boring grey w/ black logo.... so I put it to work!! LOL..

Jo.

..except mine's only 20"..

I got a NOS hard-tip 28".. but it's the boring grey w/ black logo.... so I put it to work!! LOL..

Jo.

The 10 series of cutter bars weren't supplied as standard equipment on the PM1000 but Mac supplied the 24" SP125 style of bar the 10 series fit and work but were not offered on the saw as origional in Australia.

McBob.

Scored some NOS this week...

286504d1364136387-bar-spike-jpg

View attachment 286504

The bar will go nicely with the PM1000, though I don't have a chain for it yet.

-Andy

If that's a 32/33" .375 50 gauge and it has a twin, please let me know as I am looking for one for Aaron's build. I have a lead to check out tomorrow but I bet I'll have to pay some good $$$ for it. Thanks, Ron

If that's a 32/33" .375 50 gauge and it has a twin, please let me know as I am looking for one for Aaron's build. I have a lead to check out tomorrow but I bet I'll have to pay some good $$$ for it. Thanks, Ron

404 63...I'll keep my eyes open...I think thats all can get (if I can get another...a big if)

-Andy

Bar update - Aaron's build

Aaron, all I could find was a .404 .063 33" bar. I am having the sprocket tip replaced with a .375 and it should be shipped directly to you tomorrow. I was told that .063 3/8's chain was fairly common. I hope that is right. I don't see it around here even with the abundance of Stihls. I'll round up a chain soon. Ron

Aaron, all I could find was a .404 .063 33" bar. I am having the sprocket tip replaced with a .375 and it should be shipped directly to you tomorrow. I was told that .063 3/8's chain was fairly common. I hope that is right. I don't see it around here even with the abundance of Stihls. I'll round up a chain soon. Ron

Yes .063 3/8's is as common as .050.

Thanks a bunch Ron. As the guys said, 3/8-.063G is common. That bar will work fine. The PM800 IPL's have the DL count for the 33" bars. I'll check it when I get home from work. My 32" Mac bar takes 105DL. IIRC, the 33" takes 108DL. I'll check the IPL to be sure.

As much as people bash that model of saw the ones I have run fixed have always seemed to be a very capable saw.............just heavy.

Pro Mac 10-10S , seals ?

new fuel line,filter,rebuilt the SDC..

runs and tunes fine sitting there.
tip it to the clutch side and rpm's chance and set it back down ans engine dies.
after tuning I checked screws and both just a tad over one turn out,so I wouldn't epect a leak at the carb mount.
is there anyplace else an air leak can happen besides the crank seals ??

looking at the IPL it looks like tear the whole saw down and separate the clam shell style bottom end to get to the seals ??
Or can they be pulled out without separating the bottom ??
are the seals still available ?
any hints or tricks ??

roncoinc - leaking could also occur through the oiler pulse passage, normally results in smoking like a chimney due to bar oil burning, or through the crank case halves if the joint is not properly sealed. Seals are still widely available on e-bay, I think Struggle may also have some part numbers for aftermarket seals. Replacing the big one (flywheel side) is relatively easy, I have never tried to replace the PTO side without splitting the case but it seems to me it could be difficult as there is very little room to get anything behind the seal to pull it out. If you have a leak, it is probably on the PTO side. Check to make sure the throttle linkage is not moving when you tip the saw causing the change in speed.

jim - I think making a pile is just about the best use for the 600 Series McCullochs. I don't mind working on them and they can almost always be made to run, but I don't particularly enjoy using them compared to other models.

attachment.php

We have added a few more since this photo was taken, I think the only one I am missing now is the fabled 645. We have on hand 605, 610, 650, 655, PM5700, Timber Bear, Eager Beaver, TMY24086B, and Silver Eagle 3420.

Mark

The Eager Beaver pictured above says 3.7.

I guess this means we need to look for an EB3.4?

If you happen to have a spare EB3.4 you might as well drag it along next time to come this way. I don't think I could justify paying shipping for a whole saw...

Mark

Just ship the covers. we all know thats about the only difference.

Jim, could be 20 in that pile, and 19 could run, and if I had to work on them or watch socks dry, I may even get the camera out and take pictures of said socks.

Back