McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Eager Beaver pictured above says 3.7.

I guess this means we need to look for an EB3.4?

If you happen to have a spare EB3.4 you might as well drag it along next time to come this way. I don't think I could justify paying shipping for a whole saw...

Mark

If I find a EB3.4, It will be a freebie.

I used to have one that said FR3.4. Ever seen one if those?

This saw showed up today. It was a eBay find. The seller misspelled the name so I bought it for $55. $25 to ship it. He listed that it turns over with good spark but piston is broke. Now lets look inside....

udyvy9a9.jpg

asu5e2ab.jpg

amu6a2em.jpg

eqemu8a3.jpg

This saw showed up today. It was a eBay find. The seller misspelled the name so I bought it for $55. $25 to ship it. He listed that it turns over with good spark but piston is broke. Now lets look inside....

udyvy9a9.jpg

asu5e2ab.jpg

amu6a2em.jpg

eqemu8a3.jpg

Looks like some minor scuffing on the piston where it is not broken.(judging by the pic's) I have a couple of saws with pretty heavy scoring that still run good. Just for the record i got those saws already scored.:laugh: I wonder what caused the piston to break?

Looks like some minor scuffing on the piston where it is not broken.(judging by the pic's) I have a couple of saws with pretty heavy scoring that still run good. Just for the record i got those saws already scored.:laugh: I wonder what caused the piston to break?

It either sucked something down the intake or a rod bearing failed and did the damage. I'll know soon when I get a chance to take it apart. I can see some damage on the piston. It is not pictured here though. The damage looks like a rod bearing ran up the side. We shall see in a week or so. I got to get this motor back in my friends Lincoln before I do anything else in the shop.

weird....

Can anyone shed any light on what this accessory is? Part #93886 "Kit Mount" for bars 28" and longer on PM850. I can find them for sale but I can't find a picture. Thanks, Ron

it brought me results for HOMELITE...... hmmmmm.....

Homelite St 80 St 100 Trimmer Fuel Filter 93886 | eBay

Homelite St 80 St 100 Fuel Filter 96184 93886 95484 | eBay

:/

====================

EDIT:

and that was just part number wise..

- As for bar mount, or long bar mount (for McCulloch) I could only find those bar mounts from the small macs..

Last edited:
Can anyone shed any light on what this accessory is? Part #93886 "Kit Mount" for bars 28" and longer on PM850. I can find them for sale but I can't find a picture. Thanks, Ron

That's not something I've ever heard of. My SP-81's have 32" and 33" bars. Didn't notice anything 'special' about the bar plates, adjuster, or anything else in the bar mounting 'area'. I hope somebody can enlighten us.:popcorn:

The kit seems to come up for PM800 and PM850 but I sure couldn't find any pics. There are a number of suppliers that list it and note "call us". One of them may be able to clarify.
I just google searched McCulloch 93886 Kit - Mount

3-25

Any love out there for the 3-25? I may have a line on one to compliment my recent Mac Attack that supposedly only needs the fuel bowl replaced but also still supposedly runs...

Parts availability?

I'm really beginning to appreciate and enjoy these older saws as restoration/reclamation/rescue projects and seem to be on a roll lately running across several of them out of nowhere.

As usual, thanks for any input, advice, or opinions.

Picked up a nice Mac 3-10DSP the other day, well it picked me. Stihl dealer said... I've got something for you, handed it to me and asked to give it a good home. Some older gentleman dropped it off. Maybe he's watching, if so... Thank You Sir, It will be well cared for!

Flat back carb? Any direct replacement for an easier option and less headache?
utf-8BSU1BRzE1MjguanBn_zps38ee8efd.jpg

Original bar, not much use and seems to have been a shelf sitter for to long.
utf-8BSU1BRzE1MjkuanBn_zps7b86c802.jpg

Even had a nice bar cover..
utf-8BSU1BRzE1MzAuanBn_zps5409b079.jpg

I had several with a flat back carb. Thought one out of a 10-10 would bolt in. Nope, different mounting pattern. Found a cd manual for it, followed the directions, very picky directions, and started and ran great. Actually a very simple carb.

I believe Mark has an in depth thread about the dreaded flat back carb. I have a 2-10 here that has killer fantastic compression that I have never looked at other than seeing it has the flat back on it:msp_unsure:

Also I think I recall someone using the tank of a 10-10 series to these models will allow you to change over to the regular carb although I might be wrong. I know there is a way around the flat back though

get a 10-10 parts saw with a locked engine. gank the handle and the carb setup drill the two holes in the handle for the dsp lever. swap the saf-t-start parts into the handle. swap the 3-10 tank and a/f cover. Vola! SDC conversion. I did it to a 3-10 DSP just like yours. turned out ok but needed money for other mac rescues and on the ebay it went.:bang:

Any love out there for the 3-25? I may have a line on one to compliment my recent Mac Attack that supposedly only needs the fuel bowl replaced but also still supposedly runs...

Parts availability?

I'm really beginning to appreciate and enjoy these older saws as restoration/reclamation/rescue projects and seem to be on a roll lately running across several of them out of nowhere.

As usual, thanks for any input, advice, or opinions.

Parts are real easy to find, I could give you whatever you need. The carb diaphragms are the problem for a restoration, check around. It is an important saw, but real common.

jim - I think making a pile is just about the best use for the 600 Series McCullochs. I don't mind working on them and they can almost always be made to run, but I don't particularly enjoy using them compared to other models.

Mark

I have a box of 605/610/650 stuff I've been meaning to send your way Mark, but it hasn't been top priority.

Back