McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check this out. I would love to have it, if I had a good running power mac 6.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-McCulloch-power-mac-6-hedge-trimmer-new_W0QQitemZ350275548314QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518e0cb49a

!Be((WOQB2k~$(KGrHqYOKi4Eq5gv,n)qBK85(LCg8!~~_3.JPG

Give me the model and serial, I may have it and will keep a eye out when I get to scanning this bunch.

Mactodd was correct. CDI is in the IPL he has. Ignition assembly is part number 217031. Now I just need to find one!

Thanks for everyones help (again).:cheers:

The two man saw is a 7-55

I would say 44 on the other too.

Right you are, again.

I'd say that the 1-71 is the best of the bunch IMHO.

This 1-71 seems to be in pretty good shape as well, we haven't try to run any of this lot yet. The old guy who owned them said most were put away (scattered all around his shop) running.

I worked quite some time on this one yesterday. It's a 1977 model pm555 which are not too many around over here. Its condition looked good, but :

oil leaked into crankcase : oiler needed rework
intake base cracked
fuel line broken + leaking
coil gap adjustment

luckily I had a pm60 parts saw to make it a nice runner again. I replaced the fuel line but the passage in the fuel tank allows still for some gas leaking. Any tip on how to seal this properly ?

pm555asmall.jpg

When I first replaced the fuel line on my ProMac 10-10 I also had some gas leaking where the line passes thru the wall to the carb. After reading a tip on here, I put several wraps of teflon tape around the fuel line where it passes thru the wall and that stopped the leaking.

Gem muffler

Seeing as quite a few old Macs I have seen have ratty rusty mufflers on them, would a kart item like this Gem muffler fit on a saw?
It seems many of these Macs have the same port pattern.

GemMuffler.jpg

Seeing as quite a few old Macs I have seen have ratty rusty mufflers on them, would a kart item like this Gem muffler fit on a saw?
It seems many of these Macs have the same port pattern.

GemMuffler.jpg

It should fit some saws. Measure the mounting bolt spacing. I would like to find a couple of the round mufflers too. Even the outer half would be nice to find. Too bad they weren't made out of stainless steel, but then who would have thunk it back then that anyone would be collecting chain saws.

did you get the chains with the extra bars?

If you keep showing pics of that red twin JJ's computer might quit with all the drool on his keyboard:drool::cool:

We did get some chains, but I think we need to go back to get the rest.

lol, It's true, too.... :drool: :rockn: :blush:

Sorry JJ, didn't mean to get you excited again, nor hi-jack the thread... But you should see the IEL Model DD he has, it is in very good shape. I will post a pic later in one of the other threads when I get one.

Back