McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
macbars.jpg

macmuffler1.jpg

macmuffler2.jpg

Sorry JJ, didn't mean to get you excited again, nor hi-jack the thread... But you should see the IEL Model DD he has, it is in very good shape. I will post a pic later in one of the other threads when I get one.

Please do, the DD is one cool saw. It's not a real go-getter in terms of power but they have some really neat engineering and they're just funky looking.

Cliff and Roland, that is good info....

Just got my first Mac last night, Super Pro 81. Got it for free with no bar, dont know if it runs yet.

Congradulations! I have one that I haven't gotten around to yet. I had to order all new rubber parts for it. (av mounts, intake boot, buffers) The av mounts are cracked up so I figured that the rest of the rubber wasn't in to good of shape. All of the rubber parts set me back about $80. I still have to buy a fuel line, carb kit, and I want a 28" bar and chain. I think the rest of the stuff will have to wait till after Christmas.

Thanks Cliff, Roland

That is some pretty neat information.

If I ever happen to think of it while I am home I will try to scan and post of few pieces I have.

McCulloch was pretty creative with their advertising and marketing as well as with their engineering.

Too bad the company lost focus...

Mark

I would like to find a couple of the round mufflers too. Even the outer half would be nice to find.

I bought one NOS 68240 from Bob Johnson, $58.

I found a couple of the outer half (bolt together style) from another source.

I think I have 3 or 4 spares of the "bolt together" style now awaiting the right projects, I'm not sure but I don't think I have any of the clamp together type except the one NOS noted above.

Just like guns or money, a guy could never have too many or too much...

Mark

Nice, those SP81's are great saws.
Randy Mac ran a few back in there day
and loved them. Is she a runner?

Lee
I imagine itll run with some work. My mothers husband got it for some work he did and said I could have it, he didnt even know how to put a bar on it.

Is the egg nog use as parts cleaning solution, or just to ease the pain...

And if it doesn't come free, just shoot it?

Mark

Didnt you read the man cave thread? You guys thought I was jokin when I said I had a workbench in my kitchen

I imagine itll run with some work. My mothers husband got it for some work he did and said I could have it, he didnt even know how to put a bar on it.

Didnt you read the man cave thread? You guys thought I was jokin when I said I had a workbench in my kitchen

Yeah, It's warmer in the kitchen and Formica doesn't stain either.

Stihl Hyde if you have trouble finding parts let me know, I have a few sources. Luckily the SP81 shares many common parts with PM800's, 850's and even the 10-10. I run a 28" bar on mine its a ton of fun. IPL's can be found on Ebay cheap, you gotta have one to find parts.

I am trying to locate a service manual and an owners manual for a pro mac 700. Does anyone have a source? I have a ips but have not had any luck searching around for one. Thanks.

I am trying to locate a service manual and an owners manual for a pro mac 700. Does anyone have a source? I have a ips but have not had any luck searching around for one. Thanks.

There is somone on Ebay selling a CD that supposedly has this info on it but I personally do not own one so I can't vouch that it has that info on it.

There is somone on Ebay selling a CD that supposedly has this info on it but I personally do not own one so I can't vouch that it has that info on it.

Get it off his website:

http://macbobaust.com/saws34.html

I think he goes by ozflea here and Ebay. I have one, and highly reccomend it for any Mac enthusiast. Has a lot of other info too, like chain catalogs, service manual additions, etc.

Back