McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Super 250 Club

Not as pristine as some on here, but still a very good runner.

attachment.php

I stole those spikes off a CP125, they were the inside set. While they are a bit much on the Super, they served their purpose, I last used this saw in second growth Redwoods, the bark is like fibreglass insulation.

thanks randy i think i will try to make a little smaller set.
so there is a super 250 club so can i join?:cheers:

Something like these?

790005.jpg

Sorry I am a little late to role call. I was at work. So here is my Super 250, done I think fitted with a 28" roller nose I borrowed from the 797. While we are on Super 250's, how do you go about tuning them. I think I have idle speed set but top end I dont know.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks a bunch! Where in the PNW are you?:givebeer:

seattle area
did some gowind over the super250 last night found the id tag in the air box, but the #s show it is the 87cc version. it has 130psi comp. so new rings and a carb kit if i can find them.

Sorry I am a little late to role call. I was at work. So here is my Super 250, done I think fitted with a 28" roller nose I borrowed from the 797. While we are on Super 250's, how do you go about tuning them. I think I have idle speed set but top end I dont know.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brian, was the air leak in the gaskets?

Brian, was the air leak in the gaskets?

Dont know for sure, I replaced the reed and stuffer gasket, as well as the fuel pick up line. So far it seems to be running better. It idles ok, and the high sounds much richer. So I think on of those items fixed the air leak, just not sure witch one.

seattle area
did some going over the super250 last night found the id tag in the air box, but the #s show it is the 87cc version. it has 130psi comp. so new rings and a carb kit if i can find them.

Cool! BTW-All Super 250s are 87cc. The 'regular' 250s are 80cc and aren't ported as agressively as the Supers. Looks like you got a great deal there.:cheers:

Looks GREAT Brian. Those Super 250's just don't look "right" unless they are wearing a bar like that. BTW-I've stolen these pics you just posted, and am reposting them in the "chainsaw beauty contest" thread. Yell at me if you want me to remove them...:givebeer:

Tune the high speed so that the saw flutters between "four stroking" and "running clean". It will lean out a bit in the cut and run great, without risking the engine.:cheers:

Mc Culloch decided that the belgians even deserved a dedicated Super 250 :

meet the 395 :givebeer:

attachment.php

it's identical to the 250Super in every detail, just a special version for the european market.

Question about bearing interchanges. McCulloch bearing # 66016 which is used for the main bearings on the CP/SP125, probably kart 101s and 797s, and who knows what else. Does anybody have the interchange for these? All I can find on the races is SSB USA and it is decidedly unhelpful.

Thanks, Chris B.

Question about bearing interchanges. McCulloch bearing # 66016 which is used for the main bearings on the CP/SP125, probably kart 101s and 797s, and who knows what else. Does anybody have the interchange for these? All I can find on the races is SSB USA and it is decidedly unhelpful.

Thanks, Chris B.

Chris, The bearings i have been using come from my bearing supplier and are made by Nachi Quest #6203ZZE
You have to remove the metal shields from both sides.
The only difference i see is the original bearing is all balls with no cage and my replacement has the cage with less balls. Haven't had any issues but i don't run them much.

Lee

Back