McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me if i should go back

Went out for a ride on the bike today with the wife, the weather was great. Stopped by a flea market place and went right to a spot with chain saws. Had to look even though i keep saying the last one is really my last. BUT something caught my eye, there was a shinny looking drill thing with a chain saw blade on it that i have never seen one like before, jumped down on my knees, it was on the lower shelf, pulled out a David Bradley Beaver Tail saw. I found a plug in on the wall and pulled the trigger and away it went very strong sounding, looks great. Then while i was putting it back and sorta trying to hide it there was one of those yellow McCulloch saws in the way so i used it to hide the other one and walked away, you know the wife was there. I don't know much about McCulloch saws but this one was complete with the crank/starter sticking out the rear sorta looking like a smaller David Bradley gas saw and it did have about a 9 inch long screen on the left side covering what looked like the carb under it. Anyway i know the wrong place to ask a question like this but do i ?????????

Went out for a ride on the bike today with the wife, the weather was great. Stopped by a flea market place and went right to a spot with chain saws. Had to look even though i keep saying the last one is really my last. BUT something caught my eye, there was a shinny looking drill thing with a chain saw blade on it that i have never seen one like before, jumped down on my knees, it was on the lower shelf, pulled out a David Bradley Beaver Tail saw. I found a plug in on the wall and pulled the trigger and away it went very strong sounding, looks great. Then while i was putting it back and sorta trying to hide it there was one of those yellow McCulloch saws in the way so i used it to hide the other one and walked away, you know the wife was there. I don't know much about McCulloch saws but this one was complete with the crank/starter sticking out the rear sorta looking like a smaller David Bradley gas saw and it did have about a 9 inch long screen on the left side covering what looked like the carb under it. Anyway i know the wrong place to ask a question like this but do i ?????????

What flea market did you go to? Didn't want anything, just curious...

Sounds like a 35/35A ... second in line behind MiniMacs on the 'Saws Designed in Hell' list ...

Just got back from the Acres site and it looks like a 33B best i can tell, they wanted $25.00 for it and $35.00 for the electric one. Even i think i have too many saws but along comes something cool. Last week i got a Remington SL5 mint.:bang:

Thomas - Joe Fox / Fox Salvage up near Duluth, MN has (had?) quite a few of the McCulloch drone engines as well as old busses full of chain saws, snowmobiles, and most anything else that had an engine on it.

I think for now I will stick to saws and BP's unless something else comes along and falls in my lap.

Mark

33-35 Macs

Sounds like a 35/35A ... second in line behind MiniMacs on the 'Saws Designed in Hell' list ...
(-----------------------------------
They may be nasty to work on but they do look good on a shelf with their bars up in the air!

Ray

Last edited:
Check post 50 in the new stickie for ads and brochures. MAC claims the SP81E is 20% more powerful due to a divided transfer port. That would suggest that the SP80 and SP81 had a different cylinder than the SP81E. Ron

Checked my NOS SP-80/SP-81/PM850 replacement cylinder this morning. It has the divided transfers.:cheers:

Got to run a few tanks through the CP70 today while setting up elk camp, nice big red fir which should last the hunting party(two large wall tents) the entire 9 days, if not I know where a bigger one is.

It's the real deal. Decomp was moved to just
inside the head gasket. The muffler will not fit
a SP125 block. You can see where the head fins
have been shaved. And what looks like the head
bolt areas.

Lee

Thats an absolutely friggin gorgeous saw but i can guarantee that its going to go sky high before the bidding is over on it. Theres already 8 bidders and its up to almost 400 with 5 days left to go.

Im guessing that it will go to a grand in the final few minutes.

I have a Mac 10-10 600001U and a Mac-15

I am trying to get my 10-10 to run and the carb just dumps gas out and it is even coming out of the muffler. Do I need to rebuild the carb?
What spark plug should I use?

You need to reset your needle valve lever to flush with the surrounding metal and check for debris under the needle valve. A good description comes with a rebiuld kit for clarification.

I have a Mac 10-10 600001U and a Mac-15

I am trying to get my 10-10 to run and the carb just dumps gas out and it is even coming out of the muffler. Do I need to rebuild the carb?
What spark plug should I use?

Any idea what this part is? It was in the oil tank of a ProMac55
qegu2u5y.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to know also. I've seen a dozen of those and still don't know. It reminded me of the dust plug you find on automatic transmissions the first time you drop the pan.

Isn't that the one you had carb issues with?

Running yet!?

Yes I ended up getting an adjustable carb from Mark at the GTG Iowa and previous owner slobbered some type of epoxy all over cover for oil tank and fuel tank so I put new gaskets in place as it peed everywhere it sat. It runs good now but I have to put it to wood. I put a new rim on it tonight and took it outside and it is auto oiling now. I had to make the gasket for the oil pump as it tore taking the pump out

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back