McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not terribly desirable. Mac made a zillion of them over about a 15 year period (the Acres production year info is wrong on this one). They were a consumer/farmer saw made to compete with the Homelite Buz/500, Mono/Montgomery Wards, Clilnton, and Sears saws in the same class.

Most have the 'gravity fed' Tillotson HC carb (as do many of those other saws in the class). Some late ones have a Walbro SDC. They have the same basic 80cc engine as a Mac 1-43 and 200. These have less ports machined in the cylinder than a 250 or 1-50 series (to 'mellow' the power a bit for this price point). They're fun for making noise and messing with at GTG's. If it interests you then buy it, but don't pay a lotta money for it. Parts are easy to come by too...

Thanks, Aaron. Comes with a clapped out XL-12 just for good measure.:rock:

:hmm3grin2orange:

Think I may pass on this one.

Since a poor old Mac 15 doesn't make ya day how about this

BP1second_zps4fad7007.jpg

Looks like 'Ol Bob is saying we're #1. You're supposed to use your index finger mate.:cheers:

I'll give you Mac-15 money for that BP-1. Will even pay to have it shipped back to California.:D

Looks like 'Ol Bob is saying we're #1. You're supposed to use your index finger mate.:cheers:

I'll give you Mac-15 money for that BP-1. Will even pay to have it shipped back to California.:D

he looks like the kinda guy that has stayed at your hotel one too many times:laugh:

yep, hes saying we're #1 but the wife says he's not..
just to make sure he is

Hey Kiwi:spam:

The aforementioned PM805 (post 19393) is looking like it will turn out to be a runner! Piston and cylinder look like new, only missing a few parts and most I have already. Appears to have the Q port as well and provision for a pop up compression release on the side of the cylinder. Looks like the compression release is plugged, and the threads have been repaired with a heli coil. I think I will put a few drops of solder in the bottom of the hole and install a screw to make sure it seals tight.

I now have a surplus of brake handles for the PM 10 Series if anyone has a need. Photos tomorrow night, I promise.

Mark

Mac 10-10A RHP Fuel in Air Box

Hi All,

I have been frequenting the site for some time and enjoy learning about the old models and how to make repairs. I am no mechanic but can turn a wrench and enjoy doing things myself.

Recently I picked up a really nice condition Mac 10-10A RHP to compliment the 10-10A I got from my Grandfather which was the first saw I learned on many years ago. Someday I will pass it onto my son so the second saw could be used for parts since some parts are becoming scarce.

Much to my surprise the saw is in great condition. I pulled the fuel tank top and it is immaculate without any varnish, the fuel line and filter also appear to be new. The paint on the saw is great and the handle has absolutely no wear on it (especially when compared to my Grandfather's well worn saw.)

I attempted to start it and could get it to sputter and that was about it. I pulled the air filter and noticed there was fuel in the air box, and appeared much like condensation. Perhaps I flooded the saw and wanted to ask is this normal for flooding or could I have a carb/fuel leak?

Btw, the plug is new and the carb looks great too but I would not know how to determine if a carb rebuild was needed.

Lastly, do any of you have leads on repair manuals for this saw? I have the IPL but no service manual.

Any help and pointers you can provide is appreciated.

View attachment 284843View attachment 284844View attachment 284845

Hi All,

I have been frequenting the site for some time and enjoy learning about the old models and how to make repairs. I am no mechanic but can turn a wrench and enjoy doing things myself.

Recently I picked up a really nice condition Mac 10-10A RHP to compliment the 10-10A I got from my Grandfather which was the first saw I learned on many years ago. Someday I will pass it onto my son so the second saw could be used for parts since some parts are becoming scarce.

Much to my surprise the saw is in great condition. I pulled the fuel tank top and it is immaculate without any varnish, the fuel line and filter also appear to be new. The paint on the saw is great and the handle has absolutely no wear on it (especially when compared to my Grandfather's well worn saw.)

I attempted to start it and could get it to sputter and that was about it. I pulled the air filter and noticed there was fuel in the air box, and appeared much like condensation. Perhaps I flooded the saw and wanted to ask is this normal for flooding or could I have a carb/fuel leak?

Btw, the plug is new and the carb looks great too but I would not know how to determine if a carb rebuild was needed.

Lastly, do any of you have leads on repair manuals for this saw? I have the IPL but no service manual.

Any help and pointers you can provide is appreciated.

View attachment 284843View attachment 284844View attachment 284845

Pm me with your email address and I'll send you the 10-series shop manual in PDF form

BTW, this is the McCulloch thread. Check your signature before someone notices you misspelled it. We've got some purists here that can get emotional. :jester:

Brake handle needs

The aforementioned PM805 (post 19393) is looking like it will turn out to be a runner! Piston and cylinder look like new, only missing a few parts and most I have already. Appears to have the Q port as well and provision for a pop up compression release on the side of the cylinder. Looks like the compression release is plugged, and the threads have been repaired with a heli coil. I think I will put a few drops of solder in the bottom of the hole and install a screw to make sure it seals tight.

I now have a surplus of brake handles for the PM 10 Series if anyone has a need. Photos tomorrow night, I promise.

Mark

Mark I can use one for my PM55

McCulloch 10-10 automatic

I am new here and I recently have acquired a McCulloch 10-10 automatic from a local guy and I was running it and it would just bog down while cutting and die but it would re start and run. Any help would be appreciated

Brad

Last edited:
I am new here and I recently have acquired a McCulloch 10-10 automatic from a local guy and I was running it and it would just bog down while cutting and die but it would re start and run. Any help would be appreciated

Brad

could be several causes for that

you should either describe more precisely and in detail,

or just shoot a little video

Welcome to AS :)

Jo.

The symptoms

When cutting the saw starts to loose power and die I think it's my fuel ratio it's at 20-1 on amsoil dominator synthetic or it's my carb set up its 2.7 turns low 1.7 on the high

Brad

Latest posts

Back