McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy - Must be one of the greatest finds ever, heartfelt congratulations to you. Mark

Thanks everyone!!!

Couldn't get them home, hoping in a week or two...

And yes, I did pay out the a$$:laugh:

-Andy

FarmCrest, Super 250.

I got this saw years ago, Never looked at the numbers stamped it to the crankcase until today.:biggrin: #62481 same as one of my Super 250's I checked.
When I got the saw the flywheel cover was replaced, It was yellow. The starter was original light blue. I painted it with the only blue I had at the time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FarmCrest, Super 250.

I got this saw years ago, Never looked at the numbers stamped it to the crankcase until today.:biggrin: #62481 same as one of my Super 250's I checked.
When I got the saw the flywheel cover was replaced, It was yellow. The starter was original light blue. I painted it with the only blue I had at the time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I wonder was Farmcrest related to Walmart but for farmers

Mac 1-50

I'll be putting it in the Trading Post in a day or two, but I wanted to show it off before I did. I have no idea on value of this saw.

It has spark. One of the bolts that hold the bar / cover on is broken off.

100_1508_zps28f0a4c1.jpg

100_1507_zpse0bd971e.jpg

100_1510_zps07426f24.jpg

100_1515_zps0d883b02.jpg

UPS dropped off a nice PM800 powerhead today from Hoss. I'll post a picture after I reinstall the handle bar and put a B & C on it. It will fill the hole left when I give my brother my PM8200. Thanks, Hoss. Ron

Super 250 carb usage

Going thru the 1970 mc carb usage guide SI-29 trying to figure out some carb swap ideas for the super 250. 84050 is the Mac-1 carb used on the s250 and the s550. It has a .687" Venturi. The HL63G was used and it has a .688" Venturi. But at the back of the guide it lists a 68752 Mac carb for the 550/660/795/797. It has the air filter stud for the 550/660, so it could work in the s250. If it has the flow for a 797, than this could be a good carb to use. Anybody have anymore info on it. I have the scanned copy from Bob, I can't tell if any more info has been cut off the bottom of the page, but part numbers would help. It only describes the carb as a service replacement for these models. Thanks.

Funny I was wondering almost the same thing last night. I am not much of a fan of the flat back carb.
Can anyone tell what the Venturi size of hl 87 c from a 1-51

I believe that all of the Tillotson HL carburetors except for the 272 used on the 940 and Welder were the same; .687" venturi and .812" throttle bore.

The 272 has a .875" venturi and 1.000" throttle bore.

Mark
Mark
Thanks for the info.
I am going to convert to the tillotson.

Bill

I believe that all of the Tillotson HL carburetors except for the 272 used on the 940 and Welder were the same; .687" venturi and .812" throttle bore.

The 272 has a .875" venturi and 1.000" throttle bore.

Mark

That's how I remember it. Only the 48890 flatback is a bigger bore. I have one on the MC-91/790 and it works well wide open, but idle is a pain. A bit too big as it sits in the saw. A straighter shot at the reeds or on a v4, it might be fine, but the turns in the intake stream weaken the signal a little bit too much at idle.

Back