McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark you are getting old so you get a free pass on forgetting to push the button:hmm3grin2orange:

Thought i would post this here.
There is a nice Tilly HL63E on the bay item #111050170379
with a low BIN. A great carb for a flat back conversion for
models like the 795, 797, 890, 895, and a few others.
I know there were a few members here looking for one.

Lee

Show a little more respect for your elders and why aren't you working on your 800.:)

Tomorrow I will be getting after it. The carpet installer has been here since Tuesday doing room by room as we have to move all furniture out and then back and move furniture out of another room. In the process to save money we are removing the old carpet as we go and then have to remove all tacs and then found out both kids rooms I had to paint ceilings so it has been several nights of us sleeping on floors and such this week as we work through this:( This has turned into a 24-7 job on this home remodel crap here. I'm ready for it to be over right now. The upside is the weather turned bad so I can't do tree work anyways unless we get ice tonight then I might get some work from that.

On a good note I did slip away this afternoon to pick up the seals that should work,maybe,hopefully from motion industries for the larger seal on the 10 series saws. I will post up more info on that once I see first hand they will fit properly. These look like they should work.

I hope to do pictures on the rebuild if I can fit it in, but there is really nothing new about that anyone here has not already seen:chainsaw:

I have a 1-72, actually it is a pretty nice saw to use. I only wish it had an automatic oiler like the 700 Series saws as I sometimes forget to keep the chain lubricated.

On this particular day I switch from my 066 Stihl to the 1-72 and never stopped smiling.

Mark

If I'm able to pull off the purchase tomorrow, I will coincidentally be diverting funds from an 066 project that has tortured me all winter with one little nuance or another and needs to go on the shelf for a while anyway.

Offer is in. Just awaiting a response from the seller.

Guys I got a question about a 1-70 Mac , my dealer has one that looks to be in decent shape . My question is how would it do as a noodler , with say a 24 -28 inch bar . I assume that they have plenty of torque etc, what kind of cc's are we looking at and what are your thoughts ? For using this saw for this application . I know this all sounds stupid but i'm not that familiar with the Mac's. thanks for any help. Termite

Guys I got a question about a 1-70 Mac , my dealer has one that looks to be in decent shape . My question is how would it do as a noodler , with say a 24 -28 inch bar . I assume that they have plenty of torque etc, what kind of cc's are we looking at and what are your thoughts ? For using this saw for this application . I know this all sounds stupid but i'm not that familiar with the Mac's. thanks for any help. Termite

Model Profile: 1-70

87cc worth of YeeeHawwww!!!

Here's my 87cc of YeeeHawwww!!!!!

289753d1365645891-mcculloch-1-72-jpg

View attachment 289753

LOVE these:rock:

1-70

I have a 1-63 that is a gear drive and 7cc less than the 1-70 but I really love running the saw. It has a 36" bar and last summer I was cutting some big Hackberry and it was amazing for an old saw! Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray

Tomorrow I will be getting after it. The carpet installer has been here since Tuesday doing room by room as we have to move all furniture out and then back and move furniture out of another room. In the process to save money we are removing the old carpet as we go and then have to remove all tacs and then found out both kids rooms I had to paint ceilings so it has been several nights of us sleeping on floors and such this week as we work through this:( This has turned into a 24-7 job on this home remodel crap here. I'm ready for it to be over right now. The upside is the weather turned bad so I can't do tree work anyways unless we get ice tonight then I might get some work from that.

On a good note I did slip away this afternoon to pick up the seals that should work,maybe,hopefully from motion industries for the larger seal on the 10 series saws. I will post up more info on that once I see first hand they will fit properly. These look like they should work.

I hope to do pictures on the rebuild if I can fit it in, but there is really nothing new about that anyone here has not already seen:chainsaw:

I'll be eager to see what you come up with Shane. Got an SP-81 to rebuild still, and would like to put seals in my current runner soon. Ordered NOS seals for the "retired logger" PM850 (along with an impulse hose, an exhaust gasket, and some other bits that I can't remember at 3:31AM after a LONG night at work.). They should be here Friday or Saturday.

Parts are still coming in from various folks here. Forgot to order a fuel line while I was ordering parts. Will do that tomorrow. Will use the rings I have set aside for my SP-81 rebuild in the PM-850, and will pick up some 'replacement' rings for my project later. Don't feel like paying RD $35 for them right now..................and somebody was quicker on the draw and got the last two 'reasonable' sets ($24 shipped IIRC) on the bay just ahead of me.:D

I love the 87s, especially the 1-72. Up until recently, I had more of those powerplants here than anything else. 7.5s seem to have taken over...

Aaron, would these work for ya? Received the wrong rings for another saw I was working on, and kept em just in case. They're about 2.160" unrestrained, and 2.015" or so with the end gap squeezed shut. .056 thick, and marked "NPR fZ".

Yours for saying so.

attachment.php

Thanks Steve. The gap measurement sounds about right. Not positive that the thickness is right though. I'll have to measure the rings I have to know for sure. Will get back to you...

Here is my 1-70. Got it last summer, had sat for at least 25 years. Carb cleaning, kit and new fuel line and now runs great. Did put nos 20" bar on it and used it last fall blocking up firewood, was fun to run and plenty of power

View attachment 289826.

Well , I picked it up today , found out why whom ever gave up ....they stripped and boogered up the L & H threads and completely lost the H needle :mad::mad:. So I put in the swap meet for a carb, air filter and a bucking spike or a good picture of one ,but if anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it. the carb is a Tilley HL19D. Thanks Termite

She did pop on prime so I was happy.

Last edited:
Well , I picked it up today , found out why whom ever gave up ....they stripped and boogered up the L & H threads and completely lost the H needle :mad::mad:. So I put in the swap meet for a carb, air filter and a bucking spike or a good picture of one ,but if anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it. the carb is a Tilley HL19D. Thanks Termite

She did pop on prime so I was happy.

Change the throttle shaft linkage connections, springs, and linkages to bypass the governor and get really happy.

Back