McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick pic, took a small dead birch down for my buddy at the cabin. The PM 850 was handy, so I used it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My friends custom 10-10 decals on the filter cover of the saw he is restoring for his dad for Father's day. It is coming along nicely! He had the decal copied of from the original, at a local sign shop. They did a awesome job on them. Even with setup and all, the cost was under 40 bucks. Now he has the setup, so to order more will just cost less.:rock: going to post in 10-10 sticky as well.

I was hoping to have more runners by now, but I guess this will have to do.

Awesome. Sounds like a bunch o' Harleys idling...at least through cheesy laptop speakers.:msp_biggrin:

Now I'll feel silly showin' off my little 10-10A! Probably won't have my SP81 done by Saturday, but was going to bring a couple other projects along for general assessment if that's okay. Could use some experienced advice on a couple of em for sure!

Awesome. Sounds like a bunch o' Harleys idling...at least through cheesy laptop speakers.:msp_biggrin:

Now I'll feel silly showin' off my little 10-10A! Probably won't have my SP81 done by Saturday, but was going to bring a couple other projects along for general assessment if that's okay. Could use some experienced advice on a couple of em for sure!
Actually, when they were all there rattling in my ear it did remind me of being on a poker run.
Don't feel silly, they're all cool. I've already added a 2-10PS to the lineup as the lightweight 10-10 dropped out. Started giving me fits and then the starter rope pullled out. Vintage saws can be aggrivating!!

Last edited:
Nice GTG lineup! Your D44 sounds lean on the L side BTW...:D
I think I do need to tinker with that one. I got it late last year, started it, and put it on the shelf. Haven't done any cutting except a couple cookies. It hesitates off idle, maybe a tweak on the L needle will take care of it. It does start and idle nice.
Jim

Love the video Jim, great way to show off a collection.

That PM800 appears to be a low hour saw...doesn't sound as piercing as the other though.

I had a few saws running the same day last fall, just not all at the same time.

attachment.php

Mark

Hey mark, too bad we didn't start all these. It could have been a world record for most 82cc macs running.

ajudu8e2.jpg

That would have been 1394cc of 5 cube Macs running!!

Think about what it would have sounded like in that garage! Of course, we would have died from "two stroke smoke inhalation"

That PM800 appears to be a low hour saw...doesn't sound as piercing as the other though.

Mark
Mark, I'm not sure if you're being tongue in cheek or it slipped your mind but that's the NOS PM 800 you delivered to me in Ft Wayne. It's got a muffler big enough for a '68 Buick stuffed underneath. I've got a muffler duct for an older 82 cc but as you know the muffler itself is quite scarce. I'd love to make it sound like a regular Mac, and probably get a little more power as well.
Jim

Mark, I'm not sure if you're being tongue in cheek or it slipped your mind but that's the NOS PM 800 you delivered to me in Ft Wayne. It's got a muffler big enough for a '68 Buick stuffed underneath. I've got a muffler duct for an older 82 cc but as you know the muffler itself is quite scarce. I'd love to make it sound like a regular Mac, and probably get a little more power as well.
Jim

Jim, don't let that duct go to waste. Put a plate on it and run it. If you do, don't forget that the PM800 uses the top of the muffler as a shroud to direct air flow so you will need to make a lower shroud. Ron

I couldn't bring myself to use my complete NOS muffler after I finished this rebuild so ....

attachment.php

I made this from SS and I run it instead.

attachment.php

View attachment 298650View attachment 298651

All these 82 cc MACs pictured reminded me that I had not re-assemble my last PM800 which I purchased from a member here. I only needed to put the handle bar on but after the PM8200 piston surprise, I thought I would just go ahead, take the muffler off and take a peek. :msp_sad: The piston was the worse streaked I have come across to date. (Out of town daughter has the camera so no pictures tonight). Rings were free and the intake wall looked good so I checked the compression - 176 psi with just a few half hearted pulls (no good way to hold a stripped powerhead down)!!! Like most of the MACs when I get them, this one looks to have been consuming bar oil but I'm hoping that would not be enough to give a worned out saw that high of a reading. Should I be :clap: and just run it? Or should I replace the piston? Again sorry no pictures. Ron

All these 82 cc MACs pictured reminded me that I had not re-assemble my last PM800 which I purchased from a member here. I only needed to put the handle bar on but after the PM8200 piston surprise, I thought I would just go ahead, take the muffler off and take a peek. :msp_sad: The piston was the worse streaked I have come across to date. (Out of town daughter has the camera so no pictures tonight). Rings were free and the intake wall looked good so I checked the compression - 176 psi with just a few half hearted pulls (no good way to hold a stripped powerhead down)!!! Like most of the MACs when I get them, this one looks to have been consuming bar oil but I'm hoping that would not be enough to give a worned out saw that high of a reading. Should I be :clap: and just run it? Or should I replace the piston? Again sorry no pictures. Ron

Maybe at least pull the piston and polish the wall and piston. You may find other issues while in there even though it doesn't sound like it.

Joey

Latest posts

Back