McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick my 1-46 has the same type of carb. Cut with it some today believe my bar is toast you can see the chain snaking on the bar while it's cutting. It's getting better each time I run it. Had it burried pretty good today and it kept chugging along gettin alil bogged the harder I pushed it.

I'm about to start assembling Ron's saw. For your viewing pleasure Ron, here is what I've done in the past hour and a half.

Here is how the saw came to me. A box of parts.
e3e2etud.jpg

ydyje6ab.jpg

u9apape5.jpg

I love seeing a saw assembled, step by step! Helps motivate me to get going on one of my saws, so thanks for posting!

Scott in Penfield NY

Don't you just love basket case projects. Had a few of those over the years a few scooters, bikes and saws. Takes longer to sort than to put it together to make sure all parts are there.

Can anybody use these. Its a new Oregon 19226 sprocket for the smaller clutch for the sp80/81 and a pm 850 exhaust gasket.

Attachments

• 1390174834835.jpg
    1390174834835.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Smoothing and deburring ports now. Also gasket matching everything together.

I also removed some piston skirt to open the the intake port a little sooner. I let Randy (Mastermind) look at one of these cylinders and he recommended removing a 1/16 of skirt on the intake side. I've done one saw that way. It really helps.

uny2uha2.jpg

eby3usa9.jpg

a3yte8ag.jpg

Took a dinner break but I'm back. Got the ignition installed with advanced timing. Other parts as well installed. I'm using thread locker to help prevent fasteners vibrating loose. Also using the original style fastener locks supplied by McCulloch.

6ymymusy.jpg

emuperu5.jpg

ga2uha5y.jpg

I've done every saw like this. I just recently learned some tricks of advanced timing and intake timing from randy, so those are new as of the last few saws I've done. I can't wait to bring this to you and tune it.

Back