McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the same '73 IPL

View attachment 872143

I am pretty sure this is Ted's (warped) saw.

View attachment 872145

View attachment 872146

Mark
Seems , this sp 60 has the correct gas tank

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
Upload doesn't work[emoji2369]
3e35fce3e2de75037e7752e744ddc942.jpg

About how long is that Remington bar? I've got one that looks like that and I want to say it's a 22" (?) but I have no idea how many drive links. I was going to wrap a 24" chain around and use that to gauge, but if you already know that's significantly easier. :D

Square file and skip chain on that should be a lot of fun! Are you using a "goofy" file? I only ask because I want to head down the square file road one day.
I have 79 dl but could get away with 78dl.20201207_172424_001.jpgthis is the mount

Not at the moment, thanks. If I could find a better big piston, I would. With my over the top compression, I am torn between shaving the piston top or the cylinder when what I really need is a different piston. I am too cheap to buy a bunch of pistons to measure for better dimensions. Ron

Not at the moment, thanks. If I could find a better big piston, I would. With my over the top compression, I am torn between shaving the piston top or the cylinder when what I really need is a different piston. I am too cheap to buy a bunch of pistons to measure for better dimensions. Ron
How come no welded pop up?
I have a 10-10 that I'm going to build and asked a local welder if he could do a little ring or dome on a piston for me . He told me if he heats it right it'll take. Just wondering if you guys already experimented with this?

How come no welded pop up?
I have a 10-10 that I'm going to build and asked a local welder if he could do a little ring or dome on a piston for me . He told me if he heats it right it'll take. Just wondering if you guys already experimented with this?
You‘d better post up what you do, I’m gonna need to have a ported, big dawged, full-wrapped, 50cc saw with a 24 inch bar in order to keep ”West Coast” in the title of my McCulloch-user badge.

I am boring out old 82cc cylinders to fit a larger diameter piston. Getting the right center of the pin to the top of the piston has been a challenge. Most candidates seem to be too tall. The one I used was milled down leaving a popup, but I still have too much compression and the piston is real thin at the ring pin. with a good cylinder, I could just soldier a quarter on for more compression.

Ron

I am boring out old 82cc cylinders to fit a larger diameter piston. Getting the right center of the pin to the top of the piston has been a challenge. Most candidates seem to be too tall. The one I used was milled down leaving a popup, but I still have too much compression and the piston is real thin at the ring pin. with a good cylinder, I could just soldier a quarter on for more compression.

Ron
Ok that makes sense, "there is no replacement for displacement " .
I thought the squish was the objective.
Fyi I don't think the quarter would stay put very long.

You‘d better post up what you do, I’m gonna need to have a ported, big dawged, full-wrapped, 50cc saw with a 24 inch bar in order to keep ”West Coast” in the title of my McCulloch-user badge.
I will, but I won't be doing any porting. The last couple saws I put together with just a b.g.delete are pretty stout.
I'd rather just change 1 thing and see if it makes a noticeable difference.
I could start a YouTube channel based on my magic powers with chainsaws though ,and sell them at 3xs the cost of new ones?

I have 79 dl but could get away with 78dl.View attachment 872494this is the mount
Nice, thank you! Yeah that's the same "swiss cheese" mount I have. I wanted to do the same with mine, mount it on a 7-10 with spacers. That thing must be pretty sick with square skip AND an 8 pin. Throwin' chips about 30ft are ya? :D

The guy who was selling the McCulloch lawnmower canceled the listing... Very sad.
Meanwhile, here's an oddball that has appeared closer to home. A G-70 with some sort of extra oiling contraption and 32" bar.
Originally $200 but now down to $100. Is this something worth considering?
G70_1.jpg
G70_2.jpg

The guy who was selling the McCulloch lawnmower canceled the listing... Very sad.
Meanwhile, here's an oddball that has appeared closer to home. A G-70 with some sort of extra oiling contraption and 32" bar.
View attachment 872564
View attachment 872565
For $100.00 ? Yes. If you have the cash then id say go get it. Ive sent you a PM in case you dont want it.

View attachment 872564
View attachment 872565
I'd be jumping on a g70 for $100 pretty fast.

View attachment 872564
View attachment 872565
Oh my goodness. Now that was someone that needed wood badly.

Back