McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling well lately so didn't get much accomplished,but not a total loss today.I got the fuel line wrapped with Teflon tape on the 10-10S.Went to put the carb back in & I think Mac outdid themselves in the difficulty dept.with this version when it comes to putting a carb back in.Ya gotta have the fuel line on & try to get the choke & throttle linkages on while lining up the bolts for mounting the carb,forget even trying to put the boot on.Anyway,I'll never use Gaskacinch gasket glue again,the stuff is crap.The gasket came off the bottom of the carb spacer while trying all the above at once (except the boot).Seal All to the rescue,but had to wait for it to dry.Tomorrow I'll try again.I did manage to get another brand saw running though.

Clutch, brake, oiler, fasteners, some good saw dust screan sectons maybe :) my first dead 10-10 gave a heap of parts. Screws are a real pain here in a metric land. 25 years ago hardware shops carried imperial stuff but not now. The older guys in shops tell me that anyway

I call it that to my mate too. "What you on about"???
Hey Jethro
I thought of you twice today brother.
I screwed up the head of a #12 bolt on my 10-10S and went to the shed to take one from the junker 10-10 I had and then I noticed it had log dogs on it.
They are now on my 10-10S.
Take care Jethro
Clint

Hey Jethro
I thought of you twice today brother.
I screwed up the head of a #12 bolt on my 10-10S and went to the shed to take one from the junker 10-10 I had and then I noticed it had log dogs on it.
They are now on my 10-10S.
Take care Jethro
Clint

Nice 1. Gotta love a parts saw or two

Spent about 2.5 hours today searching for a strange acting air leak on my 10-10S.
I found it. When I put in a new fuel line the curve in the line on the inside of the tank was tilted up. When the fuel got down to a certain level it would suck some air.
Turned the curve down and all is good.
I even took the carb and tank off before I found the problem.
It about drove me nuts. It wasn't a consistent air leak like problem like I've had before on other saws.
The bad part is I knew better and just didn't install it correctly.
Never again.

Spent about 2.5 hours today searching for a strange acting air leak on my 10-10S.
I found it. When I put in a new fuel line the curve in the line on the inside of the tank was tilted up. When the fuel got down to a certain level it would suck some air.
Turned the curve down and all is good.
I even took the carb and tank off before I found the problem.
It about drove me nuts. It wasn't a consistent air leak like problem like I've had before on other saws.
The bad part is I knew better and just didn't install it correctly.
Never again.
I had a similiar experience a while ago. The saw just seemed to search for a good spot. Racking my brain, i thought it was a boot. Turns out i was just low on fuel. Lol. Lesson learned.

I had a similiar experience a while ago. The saw just seemed to search for a good spot. Racking my brain, i thought it was a boot. Turns out i was just low on fuel. Lol. Lesson learned.
Yep. Mine would lean out and try to died, but very erratic like I've never seen before.
I could turn it on either side and it would pick back up and do it again.
I did take the fuel cap off and look at the fuel level, but I didn't look at the gas line. Lesson learned.

Well I am still on the hunt for the Proper adjustment needle boot for the SP81 "scrap heap" I paid like $16 for one off Ebay that was supposed to be a superceded part number only to get it and find it is wrong.
I need PN 69629. I have paypal ready if anyone can help me out.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Well I am still on the hunt for the Proper adjustment needle boot for the SP81 "scrap heap" I paid like $16 for one off Ebay that was supposed to be a superceded part number only to get it and find it is wrong.

Is this the same number as the one you got on ebay? According to M&D this is the superseded one. If you do order from them, be prepared for it to take like a month or more (no kidding).
https://www.m-and-d.com/MAC-M214762-01.html

So why is it wrong? Whats the issue. Is it too long? Is it rectangular face? Like for a pm700. Tell us what ya got goin on there. Ive run into one that was a bit long, for the tank and carb combination. Took a pair of side cuts and it was no longer too long.

Is this the same number as the one you got on ebay? According to M&D this is the superseded one. If you do order from them, be prepared for it to take like a month or more (no kidding).
https://www.m-and-d.com/MAC-M214762-01.html
So why is it wrong? Whats the issue. Is it too long? Is it rectangular face? Like for a pm700. Tell us what ya got goin on there. Ive run into one that was a bit long, for the tank and carb combination. Took a pair of side cuts and it was no longer too long.
That is the number I got. It is wrong, it is square faced like one for a PM700 or my 7-10.
I have ordered from M&D before and it did take like 2 months.

Latest posts

Back