McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear she is on the mend. Here's hoping she comes home here in a day or two! In the mean time here is a doctor joke for her to enjoy.
53f5f5aa4535356e244924e65a64cec2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Rather a tough week for us, Mrs. Heimann was admitted to the hospital on Monday with stomach pain, turned out to be pancreatitis. While struggling through that she's had heart rhythm problems, fluid building up around her heart and lungs, and breathing issues... Things seem to be on the mend now but she won't be coming home until Sunday or Monday.

I'll do my best to check in from time to time and help out if I can. Looks like you've been doing a good job without me.

This has come up on another site and via private mail here. Some info on saws sold down under.

Rather a tough week for us, Mrs. Heimann was admitted to the hospital on Monday with stomach pain, turned out to be pancreatitis. While struggling through that she's had heart rhythm problems, fluid building up around her heart and lungs, and breathing issues... Things seem to be on the mend now but she won't be coming home until Sunday or Monday.

I'll do my best to check in from time to time and help out if I can. Looks like you've been doing a good job without me.

This has come up on another site and via private mail here. Some info on saws sold down under.

View attachment 890740
View attachment 890738
View attachment 890739

Mark

View attachment 890740
View attachment 890738
View attachment 890739

Mark

View attachment 890740
View attachment 890738
View attachment 890739

Mark

View attachment 890740
View attachment 890738
View attachment 890739

Mark
So sorry to here about the wife. I hope she recovers quickly!

View attachment 890740
View attachment 890738
View attachment 890739

Mark
Best wishes to mrs heimann , get well soon

Ive picked up a cp55 and have a question for anyone. Did the cp55/70 have a sawdust guard behind the clutch like the sp saws? Im getting it back together and noticed there wasnt one and thought id find out before goung much further. I do not have an ipl for this model. This is the most corroded saw ive gotten. Very badly corroded. Not beyond repair yet but its yucky. The fuel tank took the brunt of it. Oil tank inside and out. Lower handle , basically everywhere but the air filter cover. Ive got it cleaned up as best i can. Ended up with a bad engine and used a donor 10-10 engine. So far its turning out very good. Ive got really good compression and spark. Great piston and bearings. Good seals. Its the outside thats rough. Pretty neat and uncommon saw. Antivibe 54cc mcculloch. Ill post some photos when im done tuesday or wednesday next week. Thanks for any answers in advance. Vinny

Ive picked up a cp55 and have a question for anyone. Did the cp55/70 have a sawdust guard behind the clutch like the sp saws? Im getting it back together and noticed there wasnt one and thought id find out before goung much further. I do not have an ipl for this model. This is the most corroded saw ive gotten. Very badly corroded. Not beyond repair yet but its yucky. The fuel tank took the brunt of it. Oil tank inside and out. Lower handle , basically everywhere but the air filter cover. Ive got it cleaned up as best i can. Ended up with a bad engine and used a donor 10-10 engine. So far its turning out very good. Ive got really good compression and spark. Great piston and bearings. Good seals. Its the outside thats rough. Pretty neat and uncommon saw. Antivibe 54cc mcculloch. Ill post some photos when im done tuesday or wednesday next week. Thanks for any answers in advance. Vinny
Vinny,I'd say that if you plan on keeping the saw (I think you will) to get yourself an IPL from the Beg For Manuals thread & most likely you'll be able to answer your own question.Every time I get a new model saw I get another IPL.Needless to say,I've got a lot of IPLs,Lol.

Vinny have you fit the 10-10 block to the covers? Because I thought the anti vibe mounts were cast into the oil tank and cylinder?

I had to drill one hole in the oil tank for thr front mount. It has the spot for it but wasnt drilled. Then i plugged the hole that was drilled with jb weld.

The rear upper mount sits on top the rear shroud. Its also got a separate little block it sets on.

If you had them both sitting side by side completely stripped down to oil tank and cylinder , even with points and flywheel and clutch on it....the differences are only the impulse fitting for carburetor and oil tank hole for front antivibe. The flywheel is smaller on the 55, and it has a right hand start clutch. Everything else is the same.

You can't go wrong with 0.018 to 0.020"

The only Mini Mac I am aware of that came with electronic ignition was the Eager Beaver 2.0. Undoubtedly there were others but that is the only IPL I have seen that calls out the electronic ignition coil.

Mark
This.
I was literally writing the same reply when I saw the post update, Mark beat me by about 30 seconds. :D

After thought: If the points are burned badly, might want to check/verify the condenser.

BTW Mark, hope the Mrs. is doing OK!

You can't go wrong with 0.018 to 0.020"

The only Mini Mac I am aware of that came with electronic ignition was the Eager Beaver 2.0. Undoubtedly there were others but that is the only IPL I have seen that calls out the electronic ignition coil.

Mark
Thanks Mark.
Acresinternet was saying it was electronic, but I looked at the IPL later and it only showed points.
Clint

Latest posts

Back