McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need this gasket i would reuse it but it tore, i would makeing but it does feel like any gasket material i know of. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20220201_205758.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 10
Thats a fixed jet carb , which means you don't get to monkey with the high speed jet. Rebuild it to spec and its best to use a tachometer to see the upper RPM limit to verify specs. It should burble out of the cut and clean up in the cut.
Is that gonna be a problem, i mean obviously it will function but would an adjustable carb be better?

Is that gonna be a problem, i mean obviously it will function but would an adjustable carb be better?

I have two 7-10s with fixies they go good man like yeah perhaps something left on the table but take a couple 3 swipes off the rakers and it'll clean up in the cut

Ok guys. After old mate before showed us his 805 with a accidental 2 piece rod I got scared a bit.

Have any of you had 1 go and heard it before it did and relized what it was before it let go?

I ask as I got the 800 out today and fired up. Fired up good tune still good. Gobs n gobs of compression like it will hang from the cord until your bored and arm sore. It came with its original bar its still pretty darn fresh.

It has a sound. I dunno hard to explain a sound but it has kinda like a rattle. I put it down to the clutch or something now the bar is still on it so clutch is indeed working rather than the drum spinning away happily.

Its a rattle and moastly at idle and it almost sounds like it could indeed be a rod knock and after looking at old mates disaster im freting about it.

Perhaps I'll try and video the sound

The gay thing at the moment is USPS have decided not to ship to NZ so bearings are not really a happing thing

Ok guys. After old mate before showed us his 805 with a accidental 2 piece rod I got scared a bit.

Have any of you had 1 go and heard it before it did and relized what it was before it let go?

I ask as I got the 800 out today and fired up. Fired up good tune still good. Gobs n gobs of compression like it will hang from the cord until your bored and arm sore. It came with its original bar its still pretty darn fresh.

It has a sound. I dunno hard to explain a sound but it has kinda like a rattle. I put it down to the clutch or something now the bar is still on it so clutch is indeed working rather than the drum spinning away happily.

Its a rattle and moastly at idle and it almost sounds like it could indeed be a rod knock and after looking at old mates disaster im freting about it.

The gay thing at the moment is USPS have decided not to ship to NZ so bearings are not really a happing thing
I think the biggest problem would be up and down movement in the bearings. The sp81 that I put together with the LRB piston is pretty loose as far as side to side but no up and down.
You could probably take the spark plug out a put a dowel on the piston and maybe feel if it has excess slop or a bad spot while rolling it over?
Flywheels come loose though and I'd definitely check it.

I think the biggest problem would be up and down movement in the bearings. The sp81 that I put together with the LRB piston is pretty loose as far as side to side but no up and down.
You could probably take the spark plug out a put a dowel on the piston and maybe feel if it has excess slop or a bad spot while rolling it over?
Flywheels come loose though and I'd definitely check it.

That's not a bad idea I might have a go at that. I'm hoping its just my picky ears playing with me. Its going to be hard to roll over man alive do those rings have 1 heck of a seal. No decomp it's a man's saw to start

If your 800 will hang from the recoil then something is likely amiss as the residual compression is usually enough to push the piston down to the Q-port IME.

Ron

If your 800 will hang from the recoil then something is likely amiss as the residual compression is usually enough to push the piston down to the Q-port IME.

Ron

The qport is definitely doing its job it bleeds it off no problem but once its past the Q it's very very sealed all the way to TDC

Ron can you elaborate on the Q port ?

Its a small cut out in the exhaust port to bleed off compression

I have an Eager Beaver 3.7 which I am lead to believe is also a Pro Mac 610. Still having issues getting it to run & stay running. I believe it to be due to a carb issue.

Back