McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booo jethro....lol. youd buy that mac. In your heart you would.

Your 800 is quite the machine. Watching videos of it over the years cutting those monster trees....its a beast.
Im just picking on you. Ive got orange saws and two toned saws and red saws and even a teal poulan. I love my mccullochs, but they all have pros and cons. The muffler is quieter on the last 82cc saws. Claimed it made more ponies. I know its heavier. Makes the saw hotter. But is quieter.

Booo jethro....lol. youd buy that mac. In your heart you would.

Your 800 is quite the machine. Watching videos of it over the years cutting those monster trees....its a beast.
Im just picking on you. Ive got orange saws and two toned saws and red saws and even a teal poulan. I love my mccullochs, but they all have pros and cons. The muffler is quieter on the last 82cc saws. Claimed it made more ponies. I know its heavier. Makes the saw hotter. But is quieter.

Hahaha I know 🤣

Yeah I got a good 1 that 800. 150nz so like 100 bucks to you guys still on its original 20 inch bar. From auckland too. They don't burn alot up there so really it's still pretty fresh

I always leaned (still do) to the PM 850s The Sp81s are second. After the 850 the 800 was a bit of a let down, 805, glorified, 800, DE80, not sure what they were thinking. 8200 to little to late. that said I own multiples of them all. They all have a place in my heart.
I say i own them all Still looking to a clean Super. One day
Yea , SP81 my favorite in that class EF6A9598-37AF-4423-B80D-30FC44E61469.jpeg

The 33B did not have an access hole in the back of the handle to allow you to wind up the spring and replace the starter rope, the 35 models did have that improvement.

33B

20200227_140931.jpg

20200226_195908.jpg

Some of the Super 33 models, and all of the 39 models came with a clutch cover.

20200212_125004.jpg

It is not obvious until you look for it, but the 39 models also had a deeper fuel tank.

20200212_130142.jpg

Mark

May be a moot point on that saw. Shortly after I asked the big 3?'s he messaged that he thought he had it sold. Someone was really wanting it I guess. It's all good tho. If he wanted it that bad , I'm glad he's getting it. It was cool but I really want a 125 anyways.
He's suppose to pick it up Saturday but I'm next up I guess if he backs out.
$100
Yes on compression.
Didn't know on spark.
Supposed to be complete.

Today was mini saw startup and tune day. The temps here werent too bad so i was outside a bit. Decided to get my pm510 started. It was not getting fuel. After a carb removal and soak in goof off of diaphragms it started right up and ran well. So i then started all of the minis. Since they were out i took a line up picture. Out of all 9, I only bought 3. The echo 355t, pm 515, and pm 155. The rest were all freebies from people cleaning out "junk". Theres a minimac 1, mac 110, echo 355t, stihl 015l, EB2.1, EB2.0 with 155 body parts, PM155, PM510, PM515.20230216_173108.jpg

Today was mini saw startup and tune day. The temps here werent too bad so i was outside a bit. Decided to get my pm510 started. It was not getting fuel. After a carb removal and soak in goof off of diaphragms it started right up and ran well. So i then started all of the minis. Since they were out i took a line up picture. Out of all 9, I only bought 3. The echo 355t, pm 515, and pm 155. The rest were all freebies from people cleaning out "junk". Theres a minimac 1, mac 110, echo 355t, stihl 015l, EB2.1, EB2.0 with 155 body parts, PM155, PM510, PM515.View attachment 1058285
Do ya ever use 'em for limbing?

I've been working on another PM55 that I got about a week ago.First up was the recoil.The spring was all gunked up with old oil & dirt.I ended up damaging the plastic spring shield,so I used another good recoil I had on hand.I put that on to test for spark & found that the seller had pulled on the rope so hard that he broke one of the pawls.Fortunately I had another flywheel laying here with good pawls on it.One of the pawl springs was not right either,so I replaced that too.I got it working to find out it didn't have spark.I pulled the points out & cleaned them & reinstalled,still no spark.I thought the condenser was no good,so I put a chip in it & still had no spark.Come to find out,the coil was bad.I put a different coil in & it had plenty of good spark,so I removed the chip & the condenser was good after all.
Here's where the nightmare began.I pulled the carb & the diaphragms were stiff as a board,so I rebuilt the carb & I couldn't get it to hold pressure.No problem I thought,I'll just put on an SDC65 (original carb was an SDC49).I couldn't get the SDC65 to pull fuel at all,it only fired on a prime.(originally the SDC65 wouldn't hold pressure & I sent it out to be repaired) By now I'm getting quite irritated.I ended up pulling an SDC37 off a 1-10 that I was fiddling with some time ago & put that on the PM55 today (I also had to put a new fuel line in).About 8 pulls later the saw popped.A little carb adjusting & it ran like a champ.Those SDC37s are quite a snappy carb with great throttle response when tuned properly.I'll get a bar & chain on it tomorrow & get some pics on here.

They're all so clean and shiney Vinney.

I am trying to get one of my "parts/project" BP-1's up and running. It's been a lot of time, effort, and making do but I had it going briefly today...then it stopped very suddenly. I tore it down to inspect and found what looked like the remnants of a BB in the crankcase.

20230216_155425.jpg

Minor damage to the crankcase and piston.

20230216_155506.jpg

20230216_155447.jpg

Since this one was stuck when I got it (grease zerk in the spark plug to get it broken free) I figured I couldn't hurt it much, I almost proved myself wrong.

I still have hopes of seeing it run in the near future.

Mark

Latest posts

Back