McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol...that does read bad. Youll be happy to know we did manage to work things out and got back together.

Today i tackled my 797L. It wouldnt start last week. Took the starter apart and filed the cup a bit so it would catch the pawls better. It worked well and after 10 or so pulls it roared to life. Ran just fine. Then i started a few 70cc saws just because: 6-10, right hand start 700 (i put that one together from parts, basically a 6-10 saw with a pm700 engine), then a cp70, and the sp70G, then last was a 57c pm55. Its been raining here all day so what better to do than try and get co poisoning in the garage.

Nice Vinny 🤙

No Mac action for me although I did grab the 850 then remembered the rocked chain.

Splitting and a few deliveries was the plan for me and the yellow truck 20231028_101405_resized.jpg

Big old day really got home at 6 30 but three deliveries and my mate got three in too. 18 cube for the day. A couple tanks through the large off brand also. Still got about 100 cube of orders to get through before Christmas and will probably be 150 by then. 3.6cube=1 cord
My truck holds about 3.2 so that's why it's a little skinny at the top

Mark

I forgot to say thank you for the parcel. Thank you heaps:)

This works well too
20231029_083225.jpg
What's the brew of steel? Seems quite hard. I like it and the pudding is good too. Not too hungry but hungry enough. Probably for straight old log cutting and a big saw a couple extra swipes be spot on. For felling though it's bang on. That's on stihl chain too and possibly different again on other chain.

Not bad....I splurged since payday is tommorow - that PayPal Pay in 4 sure is nice since my retirement - 4 payments deducted from bank account spread out over 6 weeks with NO interest like putting on a credit card either.$19 & change,shipped including 7% sales tax.
My current installed one cost me $35 shipped in 2014,with the usual small chunk missing from lower right corner,plus a hairline crack,and I had to repaint it once it arrived.Watched/waited on Ebay every single day for a whole year before getting that one with the usual damage.Less than 10% of the saws I've seen over the past 30 some years have had one,so many of them were destroyed,its like hen's teeth finding one now.
This one will get put back in my NOS parts stash for future needs.

Thanks for the link.

I pulled out my original PM55 & tried to start it.It gave me some trouble back about 6 weeks ago,but finally got it started then,not today though.I pulled off the AF cover & AF & found the air box full of fuel.Upon further inspection I found a huge slit in the fuel line where it attaches to the carb.I went & got a new fuel line that I'd gotten from Mark back in the late spring or early summer & installed it.A few pulls later it was running just as nice as could be.I haven't used that saw since June of '22.I also noticed that the DSP kicks out after 3 pulls,probably time for a new one.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0
Hey all, New to the forum. I'm looking for a HL63 carb for a D45 mcculloch or any other ideas to replace the carb to get it going. I'm in Alberta so unless a fellow had a carb to send, shipping from ebay is almost $50USD for anything.

Hey all, New to the forum. I'm looking for a HL63 carb for a D45 mcculloch or any other ideas to replace the carb to get it going. I'm in Alberta so unless a fellow had a carb to send, shipping from ebay is almost $50USD for anything.
There is a guy on eBay from bc, weka59
I’m sure he has one, however he is away until the 15 of nov so his stuff is hidden he had a fair bit of the older Mac stuff

Hi gang,I've got 2 saws to report on.First is the Super 2-10 that I've had on hold for a few months.I put an SDC2 in it today & couldn't get it to fire at first,but then eventually it did fire up.It ran kinda sluggish & when I left it to idle it died & I couldn't get it restarted.I'm pulling the SDC2 off & I'll be putting an SDC37 on in it's place.I also have to change out the fuel line.I put an aftermarket line in & all it does is leak.I know about the Teflon tape routine,but I'd rather use an OEM line that I know will seal without having to fiddle with tape.

The other saw I have is an Eager Beaver 2.0.I found it in the garage while putting things away for the season.I took it outside & gave it a prime & it fired.It'd only run on a prime at first,then I readjusted the needles & it runs great now even after letting it set for a couple of hrs.The problem I have weith it is neither of the oilers works.I'm not good with these oilers at all.

Anyone subscribed to this YouTube Channel?

https://www.youtube.com/@BuckinBillyRaySmith

Used to be, but when I had a bad experience with a certain perfomance saw porting company he recommends and shared it in the comments I was banned from commenting on his channel (and harassed). I never swore, never did anything wrong but I did tell the truth about what they did to me and he didn't like that.. if you know of this saw porting company he promotes (they threatened a frivolous lawsuit if I ever mentioned their name) do not buy a saw from them, there's much better and far cheaper places to get more powerful ported saws and saw performance work done.

Oh man is that a correct statement. Ive closely watched that exact thing. He grabbed a 450 one time and made a video. Next thing you know 450 macs were on ebay commanding crazy dollars. Its kinda entertaining to watch that. He could grab the biggest turd mac saw and talk it up like a race saw and theyd go nuts after that. All he has to do is make his "impressed with this" face and ebay prices double cause people want the same experience. Look at 125 saw prices. I mean dont get me wrong those saws are very impressive but prices and parts on ebay can be quite high. And then again if a guy sells it on ebay starting as an auction should ata dollar and people bid it up to crazy money then its out of a sellers hands. But i also think some, not all, but some try to take advantage of riding the coat tails and see a guy using a mac and have that same one and say...he is advertising it for me so mine is just as great and worth more now.
Its all education and entertainment in the end.

Back