McCulloch chainsaw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiWhiz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a McCulloch Mac 3200 in real good condition. I put new fuel lines, new oil line, and a new carb kit in it. It starts and runs fine for awhile then when it is sitting at idle it will quit and not start again until it sits for awhile. I adjusted the l and h speed jets and still same results. I'm confused.

My best guess is ignition, the later electronic ignition coils McCulloch had were not always reliable. I have a Titan 57 that uses the same module (different orientation on the laminations) and it would do the same thing. The coils can be found, but then you have to consider if it is worth spending $40 to $50 to repair a saw like that. I have not had a serious look at any alternatives to the OEM coils as they have been available when I needed some.

Mark

Tank vent
I replaced the tank vent/duck bill and it didn't help. I just ordered a new coil for it hoping that this will do the trick. Putting more money into this little saw than I wanted but I don't give up easy 😆and besides I'm learning as I go. Does anyone know what the specs of the coil should be (the resistance of the primary and the secondary). Thanks again!

This is what I have found, seems to be repeatable.

223708, 219779, 223875, 219848 Electronic Ignition Coil (White, smaller, modern)

Resistance – 5.5-6.5 Ω Primary

850 Ω Secondary (0.85 +/-.05 on 2K Ω scale)

Inductance – 0.12 +/- .01 mH Primary

.55 +/- .1 H Secondary

Capacitance – 0.5-0.6 µf

Mark

Back