McCulloch Model 99

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up my McCulloch Model 99 two / one man saw yesterday, so thought I would post a few pics of the big unit. This saw is a runner, and is in pretty nice shape for her age. It is fitted with a nice original McCulloch 50" bar, and the loop of chain is like new, showing little signs of use.

The muffler has seen better days, so hopefully I will be able to find one in better condition to suit the rest of the saw. Its breaker points cover is also missing, so on the hunt for one of these as well. A cover from a 7-55 will also fit the 99 if anyone has a spare one.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice looking 99 Chris. :cheers:

I have spikes, points cover and two mufflers.
There dented up though. Yours looks better from what I can
see in the pics.

Thanks for the comments guys. This is the first of my two man machines to arrive, and I am pretty pleased with it. I take my hat off to the boys that ran these saws many years ago. I guess that the weight and noise was a good trade off for the 'misery whip' or axe. This McCulloch is a lightweight when compared with the Disston, Danarm and Titan etc heavies!

You certainly need more room when you decide to collect these things as when they are assembled they are definitely space fillers.

I am looking forward to getting it up and running for myself over the next few days.

Chris.

I probably have a better muffler than what Cliff has. I believe my extra muffler is dent-free and mostly still shiny.

That is one fine-looking 99 Chris. You're building a great collection for sure.

I probably have a better muffler than what Cliff has. I believe my extra muffler is dent-free and mostly still shiny.

That is one fine-looking 99 Chris. You're building a great collection for sure.

Thanks J - will pm you about the muffler.

My little collection is growing, although still humble :msp_smile:

Regards,

Chris.

My little collection is growing, although still humble :msp_smile:

Regards,

Chris.

Let me know when you want to add a NIB Sally Saw or any two mans, I have some to spare.

Bill

Thanks again for the nice feedback gents. I was definitely lucky to get a 2 man unit in nice shape as most have been worked hard, and they definitely show the signs. Even better that it is a runner as carb spares are almost non existent for these machines.

Regards,

Chris.

Very nice find :msp_wub:! Will rep ya if I'm able.

The wear, what little there is, looks as though it came mostly from the saw being moved around.

Latest posts

Back