McCulloch Power Mac 6 help...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Pulled out a saw I remember from my childhood. It was a saw I remember my dad using a few times when I was a kid. I used it once when I was building a tie wall about 25 years ago. Pulled it out now to check it out and see if I could get it to run. I see now the muffler is missing and also the handle. Anybody have any knowledge on these saws? I'll start searching for some parts and if anyone can help direct me that would be great. How about specs? Thanks!

y3uhe4a6.jpg
a4ydugeh.jpg
eryhy3aq.jpg

Last edited:
Your best source for parts will probably be in the "Mini Mac" or McCulloch" threads in the Chainsaw Sticky section. Lots of good guys and knowledge there.

dd

I got a power mac 6 off of my uncle s while back.I loved that little saw.we always used it to cut beefs in half when we slaughtered them.just ran cookin oil in the oiler.made short work out of all that hand sawing down the backbone.

I sold McCulloch chainsaws in the 70s and had a tree service that would grab any PM6 that he could for his crew to use. He was 32 miles away but had me save used or parts saws for him.

Pulled out a saw I remember from my childhood. It was a saw I remember my dad using a few times when I was a kid. I used it a once when I was building a tie wall about 25 years ago. Pulled it out now to check it out and see if I could get it to run. I see new the muffler is missing and also the handle. Anybody have any knowledge on these saws? I'll start searching for some parts and if anyone can help direct me that would be great. How about specs? Thanks!
Theres an old hardware store here locally that sold McCullochs from the 60s thru the 90s,and then became an Echo dealer.Will check them out tomorrow and see if maybe they have some NOS or good used parts laying around.I will let you know

y3uhe4a6.jpg
a4ydugeh.jpg
eryhy3aq.jpg

Still with us Grande Dog?

What are your plans at this point?

I've heard from a few guys that Wallenberg will take an order, then go out shopping from the other suppliers to see what they can get. I've spoken with them a time or two but never had a chance to do any business together as they didn't have what I was looking for.

Mark

Howdy,
I haven't been around on here much lately but, it doesn't mean I've been under the porch either. Bailey's cut everybody loose from Laytonville back in September. Went from 0-60 in about 2 seconds getting a new import/export/e-commerce company started. Can't say a whole lot about it since we're not sponsors yet. I'll have some cool new top ends unlike anything out there just coming out of development, and I'm waiting on proto-types for testing.
I haven't ordered anything from them in quite a while. They were my go to guys for obsolete OEM Mac parts for a long time. They had purchased a lot of parts, and product from Mac when they bailed out of LA. Then they actually bought more stuff when Mac had their folding up auction in Havasu. They might be tapped out by now.
Regards
Gregg

I like the lil Macs as long as there isn't nothing major wrong with it I'd say clean it real good. As long as it has been sitting I'd put a carb kit in it and fuel lines. It might even surprise ya if you put alil fuel down the carb. Hardest part to find for these is the felt fuel filter. Alot of the mini mac stuff will interchange. Heimannm is deff your go to guy for parts on this one. Hope you get it running as these are alot better than even alot of new saws in it's cc class.

Thanks guys for the response and info! Mark a conversation with you has been started. Gregg its nice to see you back again! My 390 project has turned out very well! Thanks for help back then!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have several PM6 parts saws, some new parts as well.

Send a conversation if you'd like to explore it a bit further.

Mark

Mark,
I have a McCulloch 605 and looking for a pull starter mechanism. What other models have the same starter?

tricky

You ever get this runnin dan? My pops just gave me one...some guy just told him to throw it away...so he threw it away at my house. The fuel line in the tank is broke off as far as I can tell...I'll dig into it when I get some spare time...seems like a cool little saw.
image.jpg
image.jpg

What's this little tittie stickin out the front...some sort of vent for the oil tank?
image.jpg

No I havent! Its kinda on the back burner. The way back burner! The 044 should be running in a couple days! Then the 041 Super and Mac 120 projects have to get cleaned off the bench! Too many projects too little time!

I can dig it...this ones goin back in the case till I can get around to it also.

Back