Mcculloch Pro Mac 800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "SW" terminal would be the other end of the primary winding, where it connects to the points. When the switch is in the "OFF" position it ground the primary windings so no current is generated, no spark, and the saw stops.

If you have access to one of the point replacement modules, try installing in in place of the kill switch (one lead to ground, one lead to the SW terminal on your coil), sometimes the module will fire the coil when the internal electronics in the coil will not.

Mark

your coil will be sent tommorrow keep in mind you will need some rtv sealant to seal up that coil wire that the spark plug hooks onto the instructions will be inside the package the design on this coil is little different but its the saame coil just they changed the style of it and the color but the bolt pattern is the same

thanks calvin

right now im dealing with alot of stress the surgeon told my dad that they would have to remove a whole lobe in his left lung to get the cancer out they also told hium that he is too old for that type of surgery cause the extent of the surgery they would have to brake a rib or two and it would be a big incision they gave my dad 6 months to 1 year so when i heard that i am trying to grasp on that and with me facing this bankruptcy and still owe the attorney 1089.00 for it to be started and only have 100.00 in the bank cell phone bill hasnt been paid i am really having a hard time right now

so keep me in your thoughts that people will find my site and order them obsolete parts i have on the shelf

to help me out

even a dealer that has a heart onthere shoulders would be nice

i have over 100 part #s in mac parts trimmers blowers chainsaws to show i am serious about these items wanting to sell i have made a coupon for $10.00 off the order when the order total exceeds $60.00 so that $ 10.00 can be used to go against the shipping use this coupon code
it wont work unless it is over $ 60.00

J113-24H2-VIB6

Last edited:
If you have access to one of the point replacement modules, try installing in in place of the kill switch (one lead to ground, one lead to the SW terminal on your coil), sometimes the module will fire the coil when the internal electronics in the coil will not.
Mark

I've never heard of a points replacement module. Do you have a link as to where I can get. I'm curious because it would be a good addition to the tools for troubleshooting.

your coil will be sent tommorrow keep in mind you will need some rtv sealant to seal up that coil wire that the spark plug hooks onto the instructions will be inside the package the design on this coil is little different but its the saame coil just they changed the style of it and the color but the bolt pattern is the same

thanks calvin

Thanks for getting it out for me. I'm very sorry to hear the bad news about your father. God bless.

I've never heard of a points replacement module. Do you have a link as to where I can get. I'm curious because it would be a good addition to the tools for troubleshooting.

Thanks for getting it out for me. I'm very sorry to hear the bad news about your father. God bless.

actually they have offered him the radiation therapy treatment option and he is going with that only side affects are diahraea and loss of hair may make him sick to the stomach but i think the radiation treatment will take care of the tumor they said it will make the tumor stop growing and advancing and may prolong dad a few more years

but i am still stressed cause of my income level not getting any sells at all on my store
3 months ago i did over 8000.00 in total sales it has dropped big time in the last 2 months

what happened ?

More details

Try a search, I think Calvin has some, Pes+ probably still has a few different ones available as well. They are also common for 4 stroke small engine replacements so you might even try calling on some local shops. They are just a small unit with a couple of leads, one to the coil and one to ground. The idea is to replace the points and condensor on saws with the Kettering (points) type ignition, but I have been told they will also sometimes fire an electronic coil if just the trigger unit has failed.

Mark

Here is one example, this one happens to be "Atom" brand, I think it came from Australia.

attachment.php

Try a search, I think Calvin has some, Pes+ probably still has a few different ones available as well. They are also common for 4 stroke small engine replacements so you might even try calling on some local shops. They are just a small unit with a couple of leads, one to the coil and one to ground. The idea is to replace the points and condensor on saws with the Kettering (points) type ignition, but I have been told they will also sometimes fire an electronic coil if just the trigger unit has failed.

Mark

QUOTE]

Very interesting. I'm going to call around and try to find one these locally. This is an exciting new toy! I did a quick ebay search, if anyone else is looking, do a search for "electronic ignition module points". Thanks again!

Mark

Here is one example, this one happens to be "Atom" brand, I think it came from Australia.

attachment.php

i actually carry the nova i also carry the oregon brand the nova rotary makes them here is the link to the nova as well as the oregon one

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/nova-electronic-transistorized-ignition-module-8786-.html

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/oregon-ignition-module-chip-universal-p3349.html

currently i have 1 nova in stock and can order more

Calvin the coil showed up today, thanks so much. Quick question. There is only one terminal on the new coil and it is not marked. I assume the single terminal is used for the switch and the other gnd wire on the saw is not used? Thanks.

Calvin the coil showed up today, thanks so much. Quick question. There is only one terminal on the new coil and it is not marked. I assume the single terminal is used for the switch and the other gnd wire on the saw is not used? Thanks.

have you read the instructions yet ? i never had that model come in for repair so im not very familir with it

hopefully mark can help out in this but that is the replacement coil for the 95553 and that model shows a 95553 on the ipl so it must be a different design that they made so hopefully mark can help on this

its very possible this can be like some mower engines are the ground wire could be to be tightened down on one of the bolts to hold the coil in place

not sure but lets wait till someone who actually has replaced that on a saw that model before can help on this

Last edited:
its very possible this can be like some mower engines are the ground wire could be to be tightened down on one of the bolts to hold the coil in place

your right, the ground is not used and must made when you tighten the coil down. The saw is firing fine now. Still doesn't start. Fuel delivery problem I think now. Into the carb I go.

I might need a carb rebuild kit, you have any of those?

your right, the ground is not used and must made when you tighten the coil down. The saw is firing fine now. Still doesn't start. Fuel delivery problem I think now. Into the carb I go.

I might need a carb rebuild kit, you have any of those?

if its the zama m1m6 very unlikely but here is the good news i may have a good carb here that i found in my parts boxes that may work

Bringing up this old thread to see if any 800s came with points?

The PM850, PM800, PM805, PM8200, and Double Eagle 80 were all electronic ignition, no points.

The earlier 82 cc saws including the SP80 and SP81 were points ignition, the SP81E was an early version of electronic ignition with a two piece system, trigger and coil. The mount would accept the later electronic coils used on 10 Series and 600 Series saws.

Mark

Latest posts

Back