Mcculloch SP 81E

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a coil for a Mcculloch super pro 81E. I believe that the ''E'' makes the ignition different from a regular 81. The coil on my saw is actually on the bottom of the saw. I dont know if all the 81s are like that but i think its only specific to the E.

I also need a clutch cover and some AV mounts.

Post a picture of that Electronic CDI. I can probably help out on the mounts and maybe a side cover but I'm not sure about the CDI. The E does mean Electronic. If you have a seperate coil on it , we can help. Tony 336-672-1196

The SP81E was fitted with a stopgap ignition unit made by Phelon and as said was in two parts and only fitted to this paticular model ... these units weren't the best for as a dealer at the time we had problems with them and replaced quite a few now i would imagine they would be reasonably hard to locate parts for as the cylinder mounts were again different on this saw to all the others.

sp81e.jpg

Mc Bob.

the module according to my ipl of the 81E part # for the module is 92846 the transformer is part # 92847

yes it takes two different electrical modules one is that transformer and the other is the module itself

hey ozflea can you give us the part #s for the mounts he needs im having trouble figuring out which ones he is referring too also which cover is it he needs ?

i have two different mac dealers who wants to sell me there inventory here locally so chances are they may have these parts on hand

Last edited:
There are three rubber mounts oon my saw, top front, top rear, and the one on the bottom front of the saw. My wordt one is the top front, it looksk like mice have meen knawing on it!
I dont know about the clutch cover but wont any 10-10 or larger SP style fit??
Thanks guys!!

i think i found the mounts on the ipl part #s

lower mount 85898
Rear mount 91578A

Front mount 91582

chain brake cover assy : 91249

i can get the lower mounts one of the dealers i am buying there mac parts from has them 85898 in stock

86330 is your spike for it just letting you know that part # i will check my inventory to see if i have any of these items for you

calvin

The SP81E was fitted with a stopgap ignition unit made by Phelon and as said was in two parts and only fitted to this paticular model ... these units weren't the best for as a dealer at the time we had problems with them and replaced quite a few now i would imagine they would be reasonably hard to locate parts for as the cylinder mounts were again different on this saw to all the others.

sp81e.jpg

Mc Bob.

Hey ozflea,new found the site because i have a broke SP81E,its not getting any fire and i have trying to found parts on-line and they the wrong type coils.Then started searching images and found this site and your post with the lay out of the saw.Could i get some more info like part #,s on some of the elec. parts thanks. greg

Latest posts

Back