• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mcculloch sp125 for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLeach

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a mcculloch sp125 for sale. It runs for sure! Bucked up a few big rounds last fall, but I haven't used it much. When I bought it, I put that 48" bar on it, new sprocket, chain guides, muffler, dogs, filter.... its been a long time, don't remember it all.

Anyway. I feel bad that it sits for so long. There's lots of you guys here that would put a lot more love into it. And these saws deserve that.

It doesn't have gas in it at the moment, and I'm not going to put any in there. I did take video of it running in last august tho.

I dont really want to post a jackass price, or cut myself short either. I can’t part with er for less than 1000 though. My reasoning there is that not even a brand new saw for that price will keep up with it. Heh, and won't sound as good either!

Let me know what you folks think.

Attachments

• 20220903_113037.jpg
    20220903_113037.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220903_113011.jpg
    20220903_113011.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220903_113058.jpg
    20220903_113058.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220903_112958.jpg
    20220903_112958.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 2
Disclaimer

No I dont have 10 posts. I felt it was fair to post if I paid to support. Plus I'll be on here for a while as I build my hot saw anyway. Hope to meet some cool folks on here.

I'm an engineer/machinist/chainsaw-whore, so you know what you can expect.
You’ll fit right in.

Fair enough. You ok with shipping on top of that? Not sure what It'll be. Havent looked that far into it yet. Would be coming from post falls Idaho. I've got a guy that can print me out ups labels with his company account. Makes it waaay cheaper.

Yeah, I can. Interesting. Never heard of a 105. If I remember correctly, one of the old original stickers that was on it indicated it was a 125 with the iron sleeve. Is that the easiest way to check? Didnt really want to pull anything apart.

Easy enough to measure the bore, Remove the muffler, bring the piston down to uncover exhaust port,
use a plastic coffee stir stick, stick in the cylinder to the opposite side bring piston up just enough to
make a mark on the stir stick and measure it.

@Wildman1024 is correct on the fan housing as it is correct for a CP125 or SP105. The all black fuel
tank is what was used on the SP105's as well. be nice to confirm before selling. JMHO

Good gravy, I cant believe I didnt think of that. I just immediately thought of calipers or some other kind of precision measurement.

Oh, and yeah, that is not the original paint, if thats what you were going off of. I'll take pics of the port too, so you can see the condition.

Easy enough to measure the bore, Remove the muffler, bring the piston down to uncover exhaust port,
use a plastic coffee stir stick, stick in the cylinder to the opposite side bring piston up just enough to
make a mark on the stir stick and measure it.

@Wildman1024 is correct on the fan housing as it is correct for a CP125 or SP105. The all black fuel
tank is what was used on the SP105's as well. be nice to confirm before selling. JMHO
Thanks for the info Lee. Look forward to the results.

I measured the bore through the exhaust port with the depth gage on my calipers. Back of the cylinder wall to the edge of the piston. Got 2.325 inches. Sounds a little large? I dont see how I could've messed that up. The model profile says 2.28 🤔

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have an iron sleeve. I could not see any material transition, seam, or color change there.

Attachments

• 20220905_084624.jpg
    20220905_084624.jpg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 0
I measured the bore through the exhaust port with the depth gage on my calipers. Back of the cylinder wall to the edge of the piston. Got 2.325 inches. Sounds a little large? I dont see how I could've messed that up. The model profile says 2.28 🤔

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have an iron sleeve. I could not see any material transition, seam, or color change there.
On the bottom of the saw where the block casting numbers are, what are the numbers? Also the chrome bores tend to be very shiny as compared to the steel ones.

Back