McCulloch SP60

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeclimber0311

treeclimber0311

ArboristSite Lurker
Good morning my brothers and sisters, I'm in search of a mac super pro 60 for parts. The flywheel nut backed off on me and when I killed that loud screaming beast it spun the flywheel and tore the keyway out of the crankshaft. I have several 10-10's and a pile of 610's & a few 650's but none of them have the lobe for the points on the crankshaft. Any advice on the situation or help tracking a parts saw down would be greatly appreciated

Maintenance supervisor

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
. AS Supporting Member.
Good morning my brothers and sisters, I'm in search of a mac super pro 60 for parts. The flywheel nut backed off on me and when I killed that loud screaming beast it spun the flywheel and tore the keyway out of the crankshaft. I have several 10-10's and a pile of 610's & a few 650's but none of them have the lobe for the points on the crankshaft. Any advice on the situation or help tracking a parts saw down would be greatly appreciated
Well if your coil is still good, you could do away with the points and condenser in favor of an ignition chip. I use Nova or Atom chips.
The keyway merely aligns the flywheel with the timing, the taper of the crankshaft is what actually holds it in place. If you can align the flywheel to the original spot then tighten the danm thing down like you mean it you'll be good to go.

treeclimber0311

treeclimber0311

ArboristSite Lurker
Well if your coil is still good, you could do away with the points and condenser in favor of an ignition chip. I use Nova or Atom chips.
The keyway merely aligns the flywheel with the timing, the taper of the crankshaft is what actually holds it in place. If you can align the flywheel to the original spot then tighten the danm thing down like you mean it you'll be good

treeclimber0311

treeclimber0311

ArboristSite Lurker
I will take a look tomorrow and see what I have for a 10 Series crankshaft with a 1.375" stroke and points lobe. Shouldn't cost more than a couple of fingers...

Mark
Thank you for the reply and I apologize for the late response. It's been daylight to dark with a few big oak removals. IMG_20220328_190823447_HDR.jpg
What is the minimum you can still function with?

I am a little surprised with any increased vibration. Did you run it before the damage?

Ron
Yes sir, it used to be my favorite saw since it has the anti vibration mounts. There was a time when it was as smooth as any Singer sewing machine my grandmother ever owned. I put a dial guage on the flywheel side of the crankshaft and it's slightly bent. If I can find another one, I'm willing to bet that'll smooth it back out

Latest posts