Mcculloch's best (please vote)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the 250, even though it has a manual oiler. Theres almost NO way I can stop mine with a 16" bar on it. NO way.

The overall, undisputed best McCulloch of the magnesium era, would probably be the SP125.

I have a 795 and a cp 125 the 795 needs a carb. The cp 125 needs rings, hoses, gaskits, and acouple other things. I just got the part manuels for both of them from Ebay!

Well now,if it has Tilley Hs,just rebuild it.If it has a danged Walbro-McCulloch flat back,your out of luck.I don't have any Hl's that aren't on saws,however there are several on e-bay,but would need modified to fit that saw .If it's got a flat back,you will have to figure out a way to get a linkage for the choke setup.The choke/primer button,is the same number 55968A ,just the linkage is different.A change to a Tilley Hs ,requires an adapter plate,rare as a hens tooth.

Al Smith said:
Yea but it would take 3 files and 2 hours to file the chain :)
Yeah, but it would take the saw 5 minutes for the chain to make a whole revolution, so it would take five minutes of hitting dirt to dull the whole chain. :)

Is this bar for bulk harvesting 20 at a time, talk about impressing the local natives you'd need a semi to cart this thing around.

Making my day wow !!!

Mc Bob

how many foot bar is that. and if it takes five minutes to go around once you could file it as it goes by.

my vote goes for the sp125 but by Pro Mac 610 does very well even with a 20" bar.

Last edited:
McCulloch's Best

I've got about 80 macs now & my favorite is my Pro Mac 105 with 24 inch bar. Saw runs good & has never failed me. Next in line is my 550--a real beast. Cleanest saw is my 125SP..I use it only at shows. I'll try to post some pics next week, Bill Irvine

here is another funny looking one......
the starter for this one is in the back under the rear handle.

Last edited:
Back