Mccullogh Mac 2 - 10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swede

Reaction score
I've got a Mac 2 -10, found in my grandad's attic, not a clue where it came from. Stripped engine (rings seized in piston), cleaned up and rebuilt. Couldn't get the old girl to rev. stripped carb and now she will only fire but won't run. Seems to be a lack of fuel. I am guessing that the fuel pump on the carb isn't operating properly. I want a carb kit and have been trying to identify carb as it has NO markings on it apart from Hi mix, Lo mix, Lo idle. It only has one adjustment needle, the hi mix and idle screws both control distance on the butterfly valve, which, when valve is opened draws needle out to increase fuel. It hasn't a choke, just a primer. Please help me identify it I know I can get it to go again.

The 2-10 could have one of three carbs.A single needle Walbro/Mac,a double needle Walbro /Mac or a Walbro SDC.

The Walbro -Macs use a primer instead of a choke and parts are almost non existant for them.The Walbro SDC is common.If none of those it could be a Tillotson model HS .If it's these last 2 mentioned,some where on the carb will be the letter HS or SDC followed by a series of numbers.

The easiest way to tell would be to go Mike Acres web site and look it up in the carb section of that site.

Latest posts

Back