Me Again Asking More Questions....562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
So the MS360 project I asked about the other day hasn't materialized yet. The guy finally responded but wouldn't come down any on price and was asking $220 for a straight gassed saw. He said if he can't get that out of it, he will just have it rebuilt. I told him if he changes his mind to let me know. I bet when he gets a quote for more than the cost of the saw he will be calling me back.

Anyway, today I ran across an ad for two, yes two Husqvarna 562xps. I have been looking everywhere for a pro Husky saw, and these are perfect project saws. It may require me to put both together to make one, as that's what the guy intended to do, but never got around to it.

I know one got smashed, but I am not sure what happened to the other one. My thinking is I could get the one running from both saws hopefully for little out of pocket, and build the other one with aftermarket parts and flip it to cover the cost of the saws in the first place. The guy is only asking $100 for both saws. But there isnt much to see in the pictures.

Anyway, I know very little about the 562s, but from what I've read, the early ones are not as desirable. Is there anyway to tell by looking at them without running serial numbers if they are the early or late ones?

Anything else I should know about them?

Thanks guys.

The date is on the black serial number tag. Saws from 2016 and newer are what you want. $100 is a good deal for two parts saws. But IMHO unless you really want to get into that particular model, I would look for saws without AT for a number of reasons.

What carb? How many bolts in case? Vent hole in cover? What is date on tag on clutch side under top handle?
I always forget, how many screws does the cases now have 6 or 7? I know it the one under the muffler. 16 was the year with the most upgrades including the top cover vent, bearings, seals, carb coil, tank vent and some other stuff, the added case screw came a few years earlier I believe.[emoji111]

Do you have a Husky dealer close that will reflash it for you? I like working on them, just takes patience.

I'm sure I sound pretty dumb, but how would it k ow it was rebuilt? And what exactly is the flash doing?
The module on the carb has to match coil or it won't run probably, and the updates can solve some of running issues these saws have had. I don't believe the rebuild it's self does anything, I could be wrong.

Is there anything you can tell about the age based on this pic cause that's all I have to look at?
View attachment 780645
You're looking at a steep learning curve there and who knows what parts you'll need. If this is for fun and learning have at it. For an investment or to just make a good running saw I personally would start with a different model.

Your looking at a steep learning curve there and who knows what parts you'll need. Looks like the case does have the extra screw, so that's good. If this is for fun and learning have at it. For an investment or to just make a good running saw I personally would start with a different model.
To be honest, it's for fun. At the start of last summer, I knew very little about saws, I have always fixed things but never really messed with 2 strokes. Sine then, I have rebuilt several that all run great and I love to tinker on them.

The reason I'm so excited about these saws is the fact that I never see Huskys go for sale around here, ever. I live in Stihl country. I cant justify the cost of a new saw so I have to look for projects.

I'm not worried about anything mechanical, but if it's not possible to get the saw running without a flash, I may decide against it.

Looks like an older case. el44, el46, el48,55a are carb numbers from early to later. Best are 48's and 55. A lot of parts there for $100, are bolts, carbs, modules in that box?
He said it's two complete saws, minus bars and chains.

To be honest, it's for fun. At the start of last summer, I knew very little about saws, I have always fixed things but never really messed with 2 strokes. Sine then, I have rebuilt several that all run great and I love to tinker on them.

The reason I'm so excited about these saws is the fact that I never see Huskys go for sale around here, ever. I live in Stihl country. I cant justify the cost of a new saw so I have to look for projects.

I'm not worried about anything mechanical, but if it's not possible to get the saw running without a flash, I may decide against it.
It is possible. It may be a learning curve.

Latest posts

Back