ME/NH/VT GTG Rumford, Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

371groundie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Its time to put some faces and real names with the handles we use here.

Im volunteering my place for the gathering. I'm in Peru, Me just south of Rumford. I figure that makes it pretty central for the three states listed as well as anyone who wants to jump the northern border.

I'm open the first three weekends in May, but PB already said he is out for the 8th. Thats also Mother's Day weekend. So either the first or third weekend of May. Saturday or Sunday makes no difference to me.

So, reply letting me know if you are interested and what weekend/day is better for you.

I'm gunna try and talk the wife into cooking. And im going to try and scrounge up some wood for test cuts, impromtu races, and mabey a big knarly peice for fun. any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Sounds good! I don't have many saws up here, but do have 2 630's, pioneer P40 and a farmsaw II. Oh and I have a 2141 too.

I will bring some sort of food, probably cold if I have to travel a couple of hours. Maybe some after cutting beverages will be in tow too.

:cheers:

Well well, isn't this my lucky day! I actually live less that ten miles from a GTG! I was just in Peru today delivering a nice load of seasoned firewood.

I have wood to donate for the saw demonstrations and this'll give me a chance to sport the 090 I bought a couple months ago.

I will definately plan on bringing some food, just let me know what might be the most helpful.

Depending on where the property is, I might be able to bring my firewood processor up for a demonstration also.

Right now, either weekend works for me.

From Boston?

Seems like Peru would be about 4 hours from Boston? Does that sound about right?

The last GTG I was at was in Mexico, NY. What's the deal with the name recycling?

Seems like Peru would be about 4 hours from Boston? Does that sound about right?

The last GTG I was at was in Mexico, NY. What's the deal with the name recycling?

That sounds about right. It is 4 hours from Bangor to Boston. Let's not get started on all the crazy town names in Maine; China, Peru, Norway, Mexico, New Sweden, etc.

Hopefully Cantdog will see this, we might be able to carpool.

That sounds about right. It is 4 hours from Bangor to Boston. Let's not get started on all the crazy town names in Maine; China, Peru, Norway, Mexico, New Sweden, etc.

Hopefully Cantdog will see this, we might be able to carpool.

Just shut down for lunch and did in fact open this thread first thing!! Sounds great to me Lee. I'm up for a road trip!! Bet you guys never thought that Paris, Mexico and Peru would all be so close together!!!!! Anyway I'm definately up for it and am quite flexible as to what ever weekend and either day, whatever works for everyone (and the weather):cheers:

Bump!!!!!!!!

Any more Mainerds up for this?????

How bout some of you folks to the Northerd?????????

Or how bout All'yall (plural of y'all) folks to the Southerd??????

Any you Green Mountain boys to the Westerd???????

I'm pretty Easterd myself but there may be more folks even further Down Easterd than me!!!!

Thanks for the invite Groundie!! Don't make your good wife cook for us (unless she wants to!!) I'm sure we can fend for ourselves!!

I love that side of the "Pine Tree State!!" Logged many motorcycle miles in that area and the " Live Free or Die" White Mountain area over the years!

:cheers::cheers::cheers: for Groundie!!!! Let's make this happen!!

I might be up for it. I have property in Wilton Me.
that i might have to check on.
I won't know till we get closer to the date.

Will there be any BIG wood there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

anyone who wants to make the drive is welcome.

MossMan, i still have your phone number and ill give you a shout about getting some wood. i might be able to get some rediculously big stuff from a tree service too. (how big do we want to get?)

besides saws, wood, food and beverages do we need anything else? stop watches for timed tests?

since no one has weighed in on the date im going to call it May 1st. rain date the 15th.

anyone who wants to make the drive is welcome.

MossMan, i still have your phone number and ill give you a shout about getting some wood. i might be able to get some rediculously big stuff from a tree service too. (how big do we want to get?)

besides saws, wood, food and beverages do we need anything else? stop watches for timed tests?

since no one has weighed in on the date im going to call it May 1st. rain date the 15th.

Well, last i looked most of my saws are
wearing nothing less than 36 inch bars.
Some 42" and up to 60" all vintage saws.

Lee

Most of the logs I have in the pile right now are less than 14" in diameter. I do have some larger ones, but they are buried under the pile and it's 36 cords deep.

Let me see what I can come up with for the saws that have long bars.

May 1st sounds good to me.

May 1st sounds good to me. I'll contact my local chainsawin' buddy to see if wants to go.

May 1st sounds good to me!

Scott, "not far" is relative. Greenwich is almost 7 hours for me, can't really do that in a day.

didnt mean to step on any toes scott. i honestly wouldnt expect anyone to drive 7 hours. if it means that much we can move to the third weekend. ill open that up to the opinions of others. ill be here either way.

btw i using this as an impetus to get some project saws up and running. as it gets closer we should get a list of who is coming and what saws they are bringing. mabey i will need alot of wood......

Latest posts

Back