ME/NH/VT GTG Rumford, Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that makes 6 total. two that live here. looks like there will be plenty of trigger time for everyone.

i was thinking about getting started around 10. get some saw time in before lunch. any objections?

I'm still going to try to make it.
But i can't promise anything.
What big saws would you guys like
to see?????????
I also need directions. is this event
still in Peru? looks like on Rt 108
off Rt 4 would be the way for me.

Lee

I'm still going to try to make it.
But i can't promise anything.
What big saws would you guys like
to see?????????
I also need directions. is this event
still in Peru? looks like on Rt 108
off Rt 4 would be the way for me.

Lee

Hey Lee am I remembering correctly that you have a 111S tucked away????

If so i would like see that go...... Hope you can make it. Pm groundie for directions. He is on 108..:cheers:

Is it the 15th - as written earlier...or the 16th - one week after you made this May 9 post?

Peru would normally be a little too deep into the "belly of the whale" for this Granite State boy, but I'd make an exception if I don't have a conflict. :)

For some reason I was thinking it is on sunday, but yes it is saturday the
15th.

saturday is the GTG. anyone showing up sunday will be subject to stacking the the rest of my firewood. :hmm3grin2orange:

from the south route 4 out of auburn to 108 north

from the west route 2 to rumford 108 south

from the east route 2 rumford 108 south

im on route 108. there is an orange road cone under the mailbox. ill even hang out a sign. even last minute guests are welcome.

woodbooga, its not that far from border with NH. theres plenty of maine to my east.

leeha, the more the merrier. bring the saws that want to show off. or anything that might give mossmans 090 a run for its money.

For some reason I was thinking it is on sunday, but yes it is saturday the
15th.

Bummer. I'm already committed for a Great Strides walk for a cure that we've raised like $1,000 for from family and friends. Cash is already committed to the cause, though it would be in bad faith if I didn't follow through and actually do the 3 mile walk.

Too bad, the site's only about 2 hours from me, definitely manageable.

ITS ALMOST HERE!

went out thisafternoon and got some more wood. now i have almost everything we should need.

CRAP I FORGOT THE SIGN! expect plywood and spray paint ' AS GTG ; should get the point across.

come one come all, i will see you in the AM!

Good Day!!!

Firstly I would like to thank 371Groundie and his wife for hosting,feeding and allowing us to cover his door yard with cookies and chips. A good day was had by all!!! I just got back to the shop and PB is on his way home.

Leeha sorry you couldn't make it, would have loved to seen some of your saws in action!! Perhaps another time!!
Hope you all had as good a time as I did. Thanks again!!:cheers:

Yup, big thanks to 371groundie and wife for hosting. Great to put names and faces to handles. I know mossman has some better quality and better framed images coming, however here's a sneak preview:

hr5CRl.jpg

I think there were 32? A good mix for sure!

i would like to thank everyone who came. it was a great day. id also like to thank my wife. she finnally hit her limit a few minutes ago when i clicked the videos in bsnellings tractor saw thread. once the video started she said "i cant listen to any more saws today." i cant say as i blame her, she puts up with alot from me.

all those two strokes and no one brought a leaf blower! lots of brooming for me tomorow. but the cookies will burn well this summer to keep the bugs away.

it was great to meet everyone. lets do it again next year.

Yes, thanx go out to Groundie and his wife for opening the door to their home and letting us saw nuts take over the grounds for a day. The eats were great, the saws were everywhere and it was simply great to meet the fellas from our neck of the woods that share this hobby we have. I got to try out some really nice saws and think the others enjoyed some saws they had never run also. Just a great time. I am in for next year, I'll bring the stop watch! I wish I had taken more photos, but we were busy trying saws out.

The cookie cutting grounds:
IMG_101-58.jpg

A sample of the saws and Chuck's dog Buddie:
IMG_102-39.jpg

PB cutting some cookies:
IMG_103-27.jpg

All 32 of the saws in attendance:
IMG_105-20.jpg

mikefunaro, groundie, big chuck (in the back), myself, cantdog and PB:
IMG_104-26.jpg

Big Chuck diggin into the log with Mike's Husqvarna 576XP;
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipXYLS1d-0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipXYLS1d-0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back