ME/NH/VT GTG Rumford, Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of neat saws...

I really liked cantdog's 61...had a wonderful pop to it, the coloring scheme is pretty neat. The new carlton bar and chain were also nice--those clear coated bars look real nice. I'm curious as to how they hold up vs. Tsumura. Also running some of his older jreds was neat--as PB says, the 49 seemed a bit ahead of its time. Great solid feeling.

PB's 2141 was a pleasure to run...and on top of that it's a real beauty. It also puts out quite a bit of power. The spring start was neat too.

Groundie's OE 346xp flew through the wood--gotto look out for an OE on CL or something.

Moss Man had quite the collection with him. The 394s were total beasts. What really amazed me was the 262 though. That's a sweet saw. Spring AV too. Smooth... Gotto look out for one of those too.

Yeah Mike to bad we didn't get some pics of your beautiful 576 sporting that little "wonder bar" LOL But as Moss said spent more time trying everones saw than taking pics!!! Thanks for the kind words on the 61/ported268XP!! Going to this GTG got me back on track to finish that project so it could come as well. It wasn't turning quite as fast as I thought but it only has 2 tanks through it. So I'll run it some more and then dial in the high side a little tighter. I think it has a bit more to safely offer. But I am happy with the overall build.
I'm glad everyone got to try a couple different 49SPs and see why I'm such a sucker for those little guys.
Definitely Mosses big saws were fun. Man that "Walkerized 394" would just shake the tee shirt on your chest, I mean not when you were running it but just watching!!! Mosses 090AV was something to see as well. It was all good!! Sorry we had to start back before the "field trip" to Mosses firewood processor but it was a long day in the truck as it was. Would have loved to see it in operation.:cheers:

Thanks to Groundie and his wife for putting up with with us. It was a great time, and really nice to meet some fellow AS members. The saws....well they were all great. That walkerized saw has a rumble to it, felt like my heart was going to go out of rhythm! Just watching the group try to start that 090 made me think of the skinny kids in Thailand that throw them over the shoulder. Don't know how they get them started.

Cantdog's "61" was a mean saw and couldn't be stopped no matter what you did to it. The torque is amazing on that saw. I didn't get a chance to run Groundie's 346 but wish I did. With all the other saws and people to talk chainsaws with I just got sidetracked.

I really hope Jonsered gets a red and black version of the 576. That saw is amazing, no way around it. It is a little bulky but it runs like a banshee. Mike, throw some .325 on that 211 and I think it will make it a completely different animal.

Thanks again to everyone!

:cheers:

PB, I dropped the rakers down a bit on the 211 and it's biting better. I was cutting through dead white pine this morning (bar burried) and it was pulling better chunks. Granted, it's dead white pine, but still, I think the rakers were part of the problem. Chain was next to new though, guess they set them a bit high...the picco did last forever in the dirty wood this morning though...two tanks (which in that little strato goes a long way) and didn't need to stop for a touch up. Gotto get to a dealer and see if I can get 325 on that...

Latest posts

Back