Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medic5050 & Hubmachine, pm me with your addresses and I'll forward copies of whatever version I receive from Philbert as soon as I can.

Fred

If anybody has a copy of the 2011 version they can share, I will happily pass it along. Got a new 362 and just trying to gather info for it.

Media Cat 2010

I've sent two Cd's to Medic5050 and RiverRat2, waiting for a pm from hubmachine....

Fred

I found this thread looking for a parts list for a S***L BR600 blower. Tried all the dl links for to no avail... Can anyone help a brutha out? I have my 2 (or more!) blank cd's ready ta burn!

Thank you Fish for starting this thread. Thanks to all you guys who have taken the time and effort to make this expired software work. And thanks to everyone who has helped someone (or ten) repair their equipment by sending this corporately hoarded information. Gotta love the internet....

Thank you Fish for starting this thread. Thanks to all you guys who have taken the time and effort to make this expired software work. And thanks to everyone who has helped someone (or ten) repair their equipment by sending this corporately hoarded information. Gotta love the internet....

So has someone contacted you yet?

Sent my third copy to 'hubmachine' yesterday. Gotta love this new toy, I use it almost every day. Just a personal note....I"m taking the extra step to guard against mail problems. I've sent all three copies via "Flat rate box". It's more expensive, but hopefully will eliminate scratched & damaged CD's. I've put the discs in cover protectors, wrapped them in foam, etc.

I love the USPS, just don't trust the handlers. Too many problems with my eBay shipping, I guess. :D

....I"m taking the extra step to guard against mail problems. I've sent all three copies via "Flat rate box". It's more expensive, but hopefully will eliminate scratched & damaged CD's. I've put the discs in cover protectors, wrapped them in foam, etc.

USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail is unnecessarily expensive for a single CD. I mail CDs/DVDs out for less than $2, plus the 70 or 80 cents for delivery confirmation.

- Place the CD in a paper or Tyvek CD sleeve, tape it between 2 squares cut from corrugated cardboard, place it in a large envelope cut down or folded to fit.

- Or tape it between 2 squares cut from cereal box cardboard and place it in a padded envelope cut down to fit.

- Or buy commercially made CD or photo mailers for less than the cost of USPS flat rate shipping.

The problem I have had with scratched CDs is when they are placed un-sleeved and loose in an envelope and allowed to slide around, especially if that envelope has a metal clasp.

Philbert

USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail is unnecessarily expensive for a single CD. I mail CDs/DVDs out for less than $2, plus the 70 or 80 cents for delivery confirmation.

- Place the CD in a paper or Tyvek CD sleeve, tape it between 2 squares cut from corrugated cardboard, place it in a large envelope cut down or folded to fit.
- Or tape it between 2 squares cut from cereal box cardboard and place it in a padded envelope cut down to fit.
- Or buy commercially made CD or photo mailers for less than the cost of USPS flat rate shipping.

The problem I have had with scratched CDs is when they are placed un-sleeved and loose in an envelope and allowed to slide around, especially if that envelope has a metal clasp.

Phil - The copy you sent to me was great. Packaging 100% intact. I will be using that method when I send them out. Speaking of which..... who's next on the list? I have 2 to mail out yet.

Big thanks to everyone supporting this chain letter. Comradery is a good feeling.

That's just my style, over build, over paint, over package, over tape, over tighten, wait........I try not to do that.......and I try not to over "Bud Light", that's a lot harder.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Bought mediacat off ebay uk and it ran out yesterday so unable to load it. A way round this would be ideal but if someone can send a copy to me i would be most greatful.
cheers.

I also turned up a 2005 copy, I wonder if it has any of the older mechanic's manuals......

2005 on the way back to Fish.
Didn't see anything on this version that wasn't in the '07 version.
Was looking for some older Technical Information bulletins that are not on MediaCat '07 and newer.

2005 on the way back to Fish.
Didn't see anything on this version that wasn't in the '07 version.
Was looking for some older Technical Information bulletins that are not on MediaCat '07 and newer.

Well don't send it... I was hoping that it may have had an older lookup or manual. If it doesn't........ Then it is dead to me.....Snifffff.......

I just don't have the puter savvy to do this stuff.........

A question by Poge on the other thread made me post this:

To find the tech/workshop manuals, click on "List View" when it first opens, then if there is a mechanic manual on the cd, it will appear when you click on that saw model...

A question by Poge on the other thread made me post this:

To find the tech/workshop manuals, click on "List View" when it first opens, then if there is a mechanic manual on the cd, it will appear when you click on that saw model...

I'll revisit the CD when I get home to see if maybe I simply missed that directory when I loaded the other "catalogs" onto my hard drive. This is a re-installation and I didn't want to always need to have the CD in the drive just to use the application. The service manuals gotta be there somewhere!

Poge

Latest posts

Back