Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wondering how to save them myself.
Same thing, everytime you start it asks if you want to dl them?
Where do they go if they are downloaded? And why does it want to do it everytime? How do i save them permanently?

I've been trying to track down media cat for a while. Would anybody be willing to please share one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go ahead and accept or import them, I just did and it imported them into the media cat files.
They are just updated bulletins.
I did that, but it asks to dl them on every boot of the software?

Yes, you're right, mine asks every time I open it too? Weird

On another note, @PogoInTheWoods , How do you either import any of these manuals into PDF or send them to adobe acrobat?

First, (and depending on which version/copy you may have), the tech notes that come with the 2012 version I have can be imported to the "Resources" folder which should be here or somewhere similar depending on your system......, C:\Users\Public\Documents\mediaCAT Data\STIHL\SCS 01-2012 (USA)\resources. There's a place in the MediaCAT "System Settings" that allows for how you want to check for updates, which if not the ones included with your copy won't happen anyway since MediaCAT is looking for them from a distributor through the internet. When set to 'Manual', the annoying prompt should go away.

mCAT Settings.jpg

As for consolidating IPL pages into a PDF format, ya got me. Someone said there was an easy way, but I can't recall the details. And that may also have been for the last 5.x.x version which has a lot more going on with its user interface than the v3.33 platform does. The Service Manuals and Tech Notes are obviously already in PDF format and can be easily copied or printed via the Acrobat reader included with the app.

Latest posts

Back