Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for not making the DVD exchange public. I received a copy from Chrismico and have mailed my first response out to "big hank". I have one more ready to go whenever someone asks. I know there are some other followers wanting to send on their two ahead of me, but I guess whoever picks up the request and sends it out fills their requirement first.
Thanks

Interested in this, what info do you need?
If you will send me a private message (just click on my header and send me a new thread) with your home address I will send you the second of my obligated two DVDs. That way you won't have to show your email address and everyone won't have your snail mail address.

If you will send me a private message (just click on my header and send me a new thread) with your home address I will send you the second of my obligated two DVDs. That way you won't have to show your email address and everyone won't have your snail mail address.
That is the way it was set up, no e-mails or names addresses on the thread, only in P.M.s.
But put on the thread the progress, so we know that everyone is being taken care of.

I have an older version of the Media Cat DVD and purchased a new computer some time ago. I decided to install the Media Cat today and it wouldn't work. I tried it three times and worked until I tried to look something up then it disappeared. I don't know if this version is outdated or what the problem is. Mine is a 2010 disc.

The mediacat had an expiration feature, which used to be able to be defeated by turning the computer clock back to before the expiration date. This thread has evolved to where we are sending out copies that have had the expiration feature removed.

I have an older version of the Media Cat DVD and purchased a new computer some time ago. I decided to install the Media Cat today and it wouldn't work. I tried it three times and worked until I tried to look something up then it disappeared. I don't know if this version is outdated or what the problem is. Mine is a 2010 disc.
If, as Harley T. says, the new DVD's (I got mine about 2 weeks ago) will work I can send you one if you send me a PM with address.

I love it for my internet selling when listing NOS parts. It has an Item Search function, if you enter the part number, it will show you all of the units that the part goes on.

On the parts lookups, go to the dropdown menu at the top of the page, and select your exact model in that model number series.

I love it for my internet selling when listing NOS parts. It has an Item Search function, if you enter the part number, it will show you all of the units that the part goes on.

On the parts lookups, go to the dropdown menu at the top of the page, and select your exact model in that model number series.
I will give it a try and thanks again.

Roll back the date on your computer temporarily and see if the catalog pops back up. If so, it's an expiring version. And did you install the catalog on the new computer? There was an option to not install it to save hard drive space, but you need the CD in the drive for the catalog to be accessible.

There is also a little script floating around that 'fixes' the date expiration problem on the earlier versions that haven't been "massaged" yet. I may have it somewhere if you want to give that a shot. Just drops into a certain MediaCAT folder and does its magic....., so I've been told.

I'm still messing with mine, did a partial install this time and got it to stick. I can get the IPLs which I really don't need since I can access them from elsewhere. The shop manuals are another story, tried to use them and ended up just getting the IPL section again. I'll keep fooling with it for awhile and see if I can find the stuff I can use. Thanks for the offer, yellowhair, I may contact you later on a PM if I can't get it right.

There is also a little script floating around that 'fixes' the date expiration problem on the earlier versions that haven't been "massaged" yet. I may have it somewhere if you want to give that a shot. Just drops into a certain MediaCAT folder and does its magic....., so I've been told.
Yeah, you're the one that sent me this disc a few years ago, it worked great on my XP computer but since I have this "new and improved" Windows 10 there's a lot of stuff that doesn't work right. Hopefully I'll get things to work right before my patience runs out.. Thanks again for the disc!

Latest posts

Back