Medium oak removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of a removal I did 3 weeks ago. I only had 2 shots left on the roll of film and needed to use it up.

We started about 9AM. I set my ropes and cleared over the power lines first, because they were over a Dr's office parking lot. I ran the hand line through two different crotches to give me two landing areas on opposite sides of the tree. Landing area was about 10'X14' for most of the stuff.

This is after my first tank of fuel in my climbing saw.

This is a laurel oak, one of our most prolific trees here. Straight grain, very easy and predictable to work on. This pic is after the second tank of fuel in my climbing saw. I finished with another half tank in my Echo and a tank of fuel in my 026 for the wood.
I made the stump cut at 2PM. The tree was over-mature and had a lead break out a week previous. Probably 60-70 years old, 60' tall and 36"-40" DBH.

we did a red oak today that al, the bark and branch tips were falling off every time the tree got bumped.

kinda fun, i ran the ropes today. Had my little folding camp chair out to sit in while waiting for the next branch to be tied off:cool:

Latest posts

Back