Metal in wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait till you get some concrete poured down into a tree by an old school "arborist". That's a lot worse than the metal.

Kids with nails, making a tree-house are always fun. They nail boards to the tree, and 30 years later those nails are buried in the wood 15' up a tree. Dulls a chain every time.
I've heard of " old schoolers" that use mortar patch for stopping bugs after pruning.. Nails can also come from hunters n tree stands along property lines... Makes for a bunch of stump chains..

I had a picture-perfect pin oak to remove some years back. There wasn't a single detectable flaw in the trunk, it was at least 65' tall, with a 30" diameter trunk.

Every attempt to cut it down failed, with many destroyed chains. We ended up hooking a truck to a chain set in the tree about 20' up in the air, and then hitting it with enough momentum to break the 5" diameter concrete plug running down the middle.

We hauled off the giant log, as it was nearly impossible to turn it into firewood.

I had a picture-perfect pin oak to remove some years back. There wasn't a single detectable flaw in the trunk, it was at least 65' tall, with a 30" diameter trunk.

Every attempt to cut it down failed, with many destroyed chains. We ended up hooking a truck to a chain set in the tree about 20' up in the air, and then hitting it with enough momentum to break the 5" diameter concrete plug running down the middle.

We hauled off the giant log, as it was nearly impossible to turn it into firewood.
That's just flat out ugly..

Back