Metal tag 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czar800

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A kind and generous older man told me he had a chainsaw for me so I went and picked it up and this is what I found. He wouldn't take anything at all for. He's the type of person I was offending him by offering money.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like a 024 back a few saws behind it. There is really no need to clutter up your saw stable with another 1121 series saw. I can gladly make room on your bench so that you can make other choices :cool:

So I had a few minutes to dig deeper. It pulled 150 psi. And found scoring on the piston. From what I can see the cylinder looks ok. Tomorrow I plan on degreeing the saw and tearing it down the rest of the way.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Probably need to take the top end off if you are planning on taking it down and have a look at the whole inside of the cylinder and piston. There are some guys who would just polish the piston out if that small amount pictured is all that is damaged. There is possibly some transfer on the inside of the cylinder wall. You could polish it and buy some new cabers if you are on a tight budget-- if that is all the damage. For me, I'd purchase a Meteor piston, get an impulse, fuel line and filter, check the condition of your air filter to see if it needs replacing as well. Then go over the whole saw, clean and inspect for any suspected problems -- give attention to your cylinder install the new piston then test and tune. I believe you will be a happy man.

Worked on the saw some more last night. I'm going to cut the squish and base and throw in a New piston and rings. Going for 102-103 Ex 117-118 Transfers 75 or so Intake. Should make a nice runing saw.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back