Methanol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberwolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Question for alcohol racers.

How do you flush the methanol/nito or other corrosive fuels out of the saw?

Pump gas would be too rich to use and could have octane rating issues. Could VP or other race fuel be used to flush?

Also how long a flushing run is long enough to get the methanol/nitro out after cutting?

Thanks

Brain we just use high test pump gas with lots of oil, I like around 24 to 32 - 1 , the alcohol saws go there so much fuel a 3120 will pick up the gas in a couple seconds and you just hold the throttle wide open for a couple more seconds and she is flushed, you have to hold her wide open cause when the gas hits the carb or she will just quit

I usually end up with a hand soaked in flush when I'm done. I usually shake the saw a little and turn it around a little bit while running. I'm not sure if it helps or not. My saw will run on the flush if I don't let off the throttle when it hits, if I even blip it, it will die. I use 24:1 husky oil in 100 octane unleaded.

Thanks guys, hold the throttle! Too easy, I was thinking that to monkey with the jets each time to flush was a bad idea as it is a pita to get the jetting right once, let alone each time.

Back